14. Relization

Denver

I wake up around noon on Saturday and go down stairs. I find Paige in the living room watching some bridal show as usual.

"Denver, when are you going to help with the wedding?" She asks.

Shit. The wedding that shouldn't even be happening? She cheated on Ren. I don't say anything I want to.

"I'm busy." I say.

"With?" Paige asks.

Not planning your stupid wedding.

"I have plans with Xavier." I say.

Paige's eyes narrow and she's observes me.

"Of course. Xavier your best friend." Paige says mockingly.

I clench my fists together. She's so obvious. She thinks that's Xavier and I could never be anything but friends.

"Actually, Xavier and I have a date." I say with attitude.

Paige's eyes widen and her mouth opens slightly. She recovers quickly and smiles.

"That's great. Someone finally wants to date you." Paige says.

"Who?" A voice asks.

I look behind me and see Ren. His posture looks stiff and I roll my eyes.

"Denver here, has a date with Xavier." Paige says with laughter in her voice.

I would really like to punch my sister in the face. Ren's eyes widen in shock and he meets my eyes. Something close to betrayal flashes in his eyes.

Hell no. He has no right. He is with my sister. I'm single. Well, I mean not anymore. I'm with Xavier now, I guess.

                              Ren

A date? With Xavier. Her best friend, Xavier? I always knew he liked her. The way he watched her so closely and hung on to her every move. I noticed because I do the same damn thing. I don't want to but she has a hold on me.

Anger pumps through my veins as I think of them together. He isn't right for her. I mean, I'm not either but I want to be.

Has he kissed her? What do they do and talk about on their dates? Does she like, love him? The thoughts drive me crazy and I can't pay attention to the wedding details Paige is going on about.

"I'm leaving." Denver calls from the front door.

I want to stop her. Tell her to stay with me. We could watch a movie or just talk but I can't do that. She leaves with Xavier and I'm left there planning a wedding that I just realized I don't even want. Fuck.

Vote,comment, follow and share for new updates! Much love! ❤️