Three

New event means new memory. And that means I get to draw in my sketchbook. I've been drawing Ryan's smiling face in his barista uniform as a first day we met kind of thing. I heard a knock on my door and stood up. I set my book and pencil down on the table before I made my way towards the front. I looked though the peephole and saw Newt on the other side. I rolled my eyes before I opened the door, arms crossed.

"Alina," He greeted nervously.

"Newt," I replied rather coldly. I don't care if he's cute and has an adorable accent, he stood me up.

He gestured towards the hotel room. "May I come in?"

"I don't know, can you?"

Newt pulled out a small bouquet of lilies and held them out for me. "I just wanted to apologize for this morning." I slowly took the flowers from him and let him in the room. "I know I should have called -"

"But you didn't," I said as I closed the door.

"And I'm sorry for that. But something important came up that needed my attention." His eyes widen as he realized what he just said. "No - not that you're not important. You are. You see, I found this dog on the side of the street with an injured leg and..."

My mouth flew open in understanding. "And you took him to the vet to get hi. checked out."

Newt nodded with a look of relief on his face. "Yes. I, um, I had to wait until the owners came to get him. Seems like they lost their dog for a few days now."

He gave me a nervous smile. I returned it. "That's really sweet of you. A lot of people would have just ignored him."

"Well, I come from a family who loves animals. We raised ours like children, so it pains me to see other creatures at harms way." My heart swoons at this. God, can he get any more sweeter? "I should have called. I didn't realize how late it got." My smile got bigger as I pull him into a hug. "I guess this means I'm forgiven?"

I chuckled as I pulled away and tucked a my hair behind my ear. "Yeah, I forgive you."

"How about I take you out to eat? Another way for me saying I'm sorry."

"Flowers and dinner. Sounds like a date to me Mr. Scamander." His cheeks flushed. "I would love to go. Let me put these in a vase first."

》》》》

Dinner was great. Amazing actually. Newt and I kept talking and joking around. I got more comfortable with him. He took me to this burger joint that had the best french fries in the world. It was my choice for a burger. I don't really want to be wined and dined, as long as the person is with me that's all that matters. After we finished, Newt decided to take me to the park.

Newt and I walked around for a few minutes. Our hands were linked. There were some lights around the bushes that makes the place even more breathtaking. I smiled as I looked around the park. Flowers were fully bloomed.

"This place is amazing," I breathed as I walked a few feet ahead of Newt and looked towards the fountain.

I heard him chuckle. "It's about to get better," Newt said.

I didn't know what he said. I didn't notice that Newt pulled out his wand and pointed towards the bushes. My smile got bigger as a whole bunch of fireflies came out and flew around us. One landed on my nose, which caused me to sneeze. I heard Newt chuckled and I looked towards him as more fireflies danced around me. I spun around to catch one, not noticing Newt pulling out the same wand and pointed it towards the fountain. The fireflies flew around me and went straight towards the fountain.

The water from the fountain started to rush out before some sprayed out from the tip. It created this little swirl. I looked at it in amazement and went closer to it. I placed my hands on the marble as the fireflies began circling the fountain.

"I've never seen anything like this," I said. I looked towards Newt to see him looking at the scarf I had on. I didn't even know I had this, it was in my closet one day. I don't know why, but I decided to wear it in this chilly night. "Newt?"

Newt broke out of his daze and nodded. "Not a lot of fireflies show up tonight. Something special must have happened for them to be out."

The fireflies came over to us again and circled us. Newt grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. I started to laugh as we ran across the field. We ran up the small hill, the lights dancing around us. I felt my foot get caught on a small branch. I didn't catch myself in time before I fell down and pulled Newt with me. We were rolling down the field and came to a complete stop, me on top of him. I looked down on him and we started to laugh.

"I'm sorry," I panted. "I'm such a cluts."

Newt chuckled before he just looked at me. He reached his hand up and tucked my hair behind my ear. I gave him a small smile before I felt myself leaning in. I placed my lips over Newt's. It was a quick kiss, but I realized what was happening. My eyes widen before I broke it.

"I'm sorry," I said. I sat up. "I'm sorry." It was in the heat of the moment. Yeah. Yeah, the heat of the moment.

I was about to get up, but Newt sat up and kissed me again. I could feel him smile as I returned it. His hand ran up to the back of my neck and pulled me closer. When we pulled away, he still had a smile.

"Don't be."

》》》》

A/N: Aww, who loves this fruity chapter?