Ten

My mouth flew open as I processed Newt's words. "We - We've met?"

Newt slowly nodded his head. "Yes." I met Newt? When? I think I would have remembered meeting him.. Wouldn't I? Newt reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper before handing it to me. "You gave this to me, so I could have a little piece of you."

I furrowed my eyebrows before I slowly opened the paper. It was a drawing of Newt. With his wand held up. This is my style of drawing, but - but that's impossible. I went over to my sketch pad and flipped to a page. I always wondered why one was ripped. I let out a shaky breath as I carefully placed the paper next to the rip section of my notebook. My chest started beating rapidly as it fits.

"I - It can't be -" I mumbled.

"I know."

I took a shaky breath as I looked at him, tear in my eyes. "You were the one who tripped me on that boat?"

Newt slowly nodded his head. "Made a wooden plank lift up."

"You were the one that sent that letter?"

"Actually, that was Tina." I gave him another confused look. "She's another wizard you'd met. She wanted to see me and you together because she saw how happy you'd make me. Just like Queenie when she's with Jacob -"

I stopped him. "Wait? Jacob? As in my best friend? He knows?"

"No. I mean, yes. But now he doesn't."

Jacob and I met wizards. "How could I not remember you?" I breathed.

Newt's gaze softens as he looked towards the ground. "There was an incident that happened in New York. We had to wipe everyone's memory because it's dangerous if people knew the wizarding world. You and I met at a bank." He let out a small smile. "You actually punched me in the face when you thought I was crazy."

"Sounds like me," I said.

"Jacob got injured. I had to attend him, but a few of my creatures escaped my suitcase. Then after that..." Newt trailed off. He got up and made his way towards me. He pulled out his wand. "It'll be better if I show you."

Newt mumbled something under his breath before this light came from his wand. It hits me and I let out a small gasp.

I tripped over something and fell to the ground, knocking Jacob's case out of his hand. I felt a hand on my arm as I began apologizing, "I'm sorry." I looked at the man. He had a fringe that almost covered his eye, but he's really cute. "I'm sorry."

"I should be the one apologizing," he said. He had an accent, which I found adorable. "My case?"

I shook my head as my cheeks redden. I handed him his suitcase while he gave me back my sketch book. "Thanks."

"I'm sorry."

The scene changed.

The guy got up and went to the wall. He took out his wand while I crouched over my friend. "What are you doing?" I asked.

He ignored me and waved his magic stick. My eyes widen when the bricks and rubble began fixing itself. I got up and looked down to see some floating in the air as they fixed themselves. It was still fixing itself when the guy got his case and sat on the bed. He placed his fingers on his lips while I crouched next to Jacob again.

I checked his pulse. It's still there. I checked his forehead and he's starting to get warm. Then this woman barged in the apartment. Does no one knock anymore? "It was open?" She asked.

"Just a smidge," the guy said.

"That crazy Niffler things on the loose again?"

"It might be." He gave her a nervous smile.