Fifteen

Ok, I thought the plan in New York was bad, but this is downright crazy. But we need to catch this Nagual, so if I had to be the bait, so I'll be the bait. Newt didn't want me to be the bait, but the creature is after me. So I have to be the one running.

The night was cold in near the London Eye. Ryan and I were walking side-by-side, acting like nothing is wrong. But everything is wrong. My palms are sweating, I feel like throwing up, and I'd flinch every time I hear a twig snap. The only thing that reassures me is that Newt is not that far from us.

"Do you think he can do it?" Ryan asked, his voice shaking ever so slightly.

I nodded, a little chuckle escaping me. Play my part in this plan. "I trust Newt."

If I've learned anything it's one...come up with a plan. Two, execute the plan. Three, the plan fails. Four, that's when you go with plan B. Simple enough.

Ryan nodded before we continued our walk. It seems like hours have passed, but it was only minutes. I should blame Newt for this, but I know he didn't mean to do it. He was just training one of his creatures in case anything happened to me and Ryan, he'd find us. I'm grateful for that...but I wish he didn't do it with a creature whose first instinct is to kill.

"You ok?" I whispered.

Ryan nodded. "Just as good as any." We spoke too soon. We barley took a step when there was a low growl behind us. "Alina, please tell me that's your stomach."

I shook my head. "No."

We turned our heads. There it was. The Nagual. It took shape of a lion, except this lion was a whole lot different. It's fur was dark as night, piercing yellow eyes looking at us. The teeth was razor sharp, like a shark's. It growled as it got ready to pounce.

"Should we go?" Ryan asked nervously. The Nagual let out a roar.

I grabbed Ryan's arm. "What do you think?!" Ryan and I turned around as the Nagual jumped. "Go. Go. Go!"

We barley got away. The Nagual was on our spot before letting out another roar. Ryan and I kept running as we heard bones break behind us. My legs started hurting, but I pushed myself. Either take a breather and die or puke out my insides later. I pick the second option.

Ryan and I ran around the corner. I made a mistake and looked back. The Nagual changed its shape, now it's a cheetah...and it's catching up to us. It had to be a cheetah! Ryan held me back, which had us skid to a stop, when the Nagual jumped over our heads. He tugged on my arm towards the right, where the trail started.

"Come on!" He yelled.

Why did it have to be a trail? Why couldn't we just do this in the suitcase where the only exit is the way up. Ryan and I kept running, only to keep turning when the Nagual blocked our path. It kept following us, growling, sneering, barking. Even cawing at one time when it became a falcon. It kept chasing us, making us leave the trail. We were deep into the woods, not knowing where we are. Ryan grunted as he tripped over a branch. He rolled over and hit his body against one of the logs.

"Ryan!" I called out. I ran over and knelt down. "Come on, get up. Get up!"

I wrapped his arm around my shoulder and yanked him up. We were about to run when another log was thrown in our path. My breathing coming out rigid as I looked back. The Nagual took form of this giant gorilla. It pounded on its chest before it charged. It kept running, pushing more logs out of the way. It was getting near until this blue light came out and struck it.

Newt came out from behind the trees and send another wave of magic towards the Nagual. It shrieked as it took s step back. The blue light covering its body. Once it disappeared, it flared its nostrils at us. Its arms were outstretched and it growled.