Fourteen

Newt and I told Ryan the truth. About everything. The whole truth. From our adventure's in New York to Newt wiping my memory away. Then the trip to London. His eyes widen while his mouth flew open as he soaked up everything. His eyes grew even more wide when I told him about me almost drowning. The look on his face reminds me of a kid hearing a horror story before bed time.

"Wait, so you two knew each other then?" Ryan asked.

Newt nodded. "Yes."

"And you basically stalked her after you obliterated her?"

Newt's cheeks redden. "Obliviate. And yes."

"And for some reason this Nagual is after me and Alina."

"Basically," I said.

"Why?"

Newt nervously scratched the back of his neck. My eyes squinted at him as he grew more nervous by the second.

"Newt?" I called out slowly. "What did you do?"

"What makes you think I did something?"

"Because I know you."

He let out a nervous chuckle. "I don't know if I should be offended. Do you really think I did something -" I raised my eyebrow at him while crossing my arms. Newt froze before clearing his throat. "The Nagual might have been one of my creatures."

"What? You let another one of your creatures out of the case again?!"

"It wasn't my intention. I heard Naguals were great trackers and I tried to train him to track someone in case of emergency."

I felt my eye twitch. "And you decide to teach him to track us."

Ryan shot up. "How did you even get my scent?"

"You left your sweater at Alina's house," Newt said as if it was a regular thing. "Whenever I tried to teach the Nagual how to tack someone's scent, he ends up ripping them to pieces. Then he reverts back to his form and sleeps."

"That girl -" I started. "The one from the shop?"

"The Nagual tracked us there and thought she was you. Same with the man." So, I look like a guy? Newt must have thought it too because his eyes widen. "Not you though. You don't have any resemblance to a man." He gulped. "I meant to say that he was following Ryan and thought the guy was him."

"Nice save," Ryan said sarcastically.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Ok, insults aside. How do we capture a Nagual?"

"We create a trap," Newt said. He reached inside his coat pocket and pulled out a small leather book. "Everything I learned about Naguals is in this book. They won't stop until they've killed their target."

"So one of us has to die?" Ryan asked.

"No. No. No one is going to die. But we do have to be aware of the venom that's in the Nagual. And make sure it doesn't bite you."

I furrowed my brows. "What happens if you get bit?"

Newt's eyes slowly looked at mine. "You'll turn into one."

》》》》

A/N: I'm sorry. I tried to make this chapter a bit long, but I'm at a blockage right now. The last chapter will be the longest ever in this story. It might take me a while to post it, so please be patient.

QOTD, what do you think is going to happen?