Thirteen

My hand was under my chin as I watch more creatures run right past me. Ryan was looking around the place in amazement. Everything becoming real to him. I never wanted him involved in this. He was just my friend, but the Nagual went after him. I don't know why. The creature went after the both of us. It can't be a coincidence.

"Alina," Newt called out from behind. I ignored him while watching Niffler run and grabbed a coin from Ryan's pocket. "Alina." I got up from my spot and tried to walk away, but Newt grabbed my hand. "Alina -"

I spun around and gave him a hard slap. "Screw you."

I yanked my hand away from him and started walking, with him following.

"Alina, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said -"

I cut him off. "But you did. Everything is out. I couldn't help Credence. I'm just a useless muggle to you."

"I never said that."

I spun around and looked at him abruptly. "Well, you didn't have to." I sighed. "I get it. I was never suppose to find out about this shit. I was suppose to wake up and live a mundane life. Sleep, eat, repeat. But all of that changed the day I've met you. The day at the bank, don't you remember? We met when you left that Occumy egg behind and almost got me and Jacob in trouble.

Suddenly, we were sucked in - in this...magical world that we never knew even existed. Full of fantastic beasts, wizards, witches. The fact that my old friend was an Obscurus that was destroying New York. He had me, but he threw our friendship away to protect me. And the one time I've almost protected him...he was killed. He was killed and I couldn't do anything to stop them." My breathing came out rigid. "I couldn't save him."

Newt shyly looked towards the ground. His gaze not meeting mine. "Actually, you tripped over my bag," he said softly.

"What?"

"You tripped over my suitcase when we met."

"Seriously, that's what you picked up?"

"No." Newt bit his lip as he finally looked at me. "I wish I could take your pain away. I know how much Credence means to you." He slowly grabbed my hand. He looked at me in reassurance, so when I didn't away he entwined our fingers together. "I didn't mean what I said. I know you took care of him. Even in the most dangerous situation. I just don't want you to get hurt." He brought his free hand up and cupped my cheek. "I never should have brought you into this."

My vision grew blurry as I tried so hard not to cry, but fail miserably. "Then why don't you just obliviate me, then? Just like the first time. If you don't want me involved, then take my memories away. You can forget about me -"

Newt cut me off this time. His soft lips placed on mine. He brought me closer and held on tight as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt something wet hit my cheek, making me know Newt was crying too. When I pulled away, his tears were dripping down his cheeks.

"I can't," he cried. "I've tried to stop thinking about you. And I can't. You're the only thing I think about." My hands reached up and cupped his cheeks. My thumbs gently rubbed his cheek, wiping the tear away. "I love you, Alina. That's why I want you to stay. I don't know what I'd do if anything were to happen to you."

"Nothing is going to happen to me. "

"You don't know that."

"I do know that. I'll be right next to you. The safest place I could be. And it's better to have the numbers in advantage. We can stop this thing together."

Newt sniffled before using his sleeve to wipe his nose. "And you're just going to follow me no matter what I say," he stated.

"You know me so well."

He let out a wet chuckle before taking a deep breath. A small smile came to my face as he finally nodded. "All right, but you stay by my side at all times. And if things are turning out for the worst, I want you to run. Forget about me and leave, find somewhere safe."

I shook my head. "Newt, you should know by now. I would never leave without you."

》》》》

A/N: Only two more chapters left. I will try to make them longer than usual. Sorry for this fluffy chapter though.