Chapter Thirteen

True Love is the tide that pulls out to sea,but always returns to kiss the shore at sunrise.
--- Shannon L. Alder.

"Dad..."Manik cribbed like a five year old.

"Manik stop acting like a five year old..in case you are forgetting you are 23 years old now.."Raj reminded him. "So for at least once behave like a grown up"

"So what Dad.."Manik argued."So what if I am 23 years old. In case you don't know even 23 years old have a right to celebrate Diwali with their parent...as a matter of fact..when I will be 100 year old na..then too I will crib like this only..and you will have to tolerate my cribbing like this only..whether you like it or not."Manik replied stubbornly which made Raj smile.

"Manik Malhotra...you are impossible."Raj shook his head in amusement.

"I know.."Manik proudly bragged."aakhir beta kiska hu.."

"Nyonika ka..aur kiska.."Raj said too innocently.

"Dad please don't abuse me like this...have some mercy on me..."Manik replied sternly. "By the way why didn't you got my mother exchange in the hospital by bribing the staff..it would have made our lives so much easier.."

"You really think I didn't try...of course I did...but the thing is even those hospital people were helpless...nobody was ready to take a worthless--good for nothing--defective sample like Nyonika. I even offered them money but they straightaway refused that they can't help us not even if we reward them for all the tea in China.."Raj said faking a disappointment.

And the very next moment they both burst out laughing.

"Arey Dad yaar..please come fast na..we were supposed to celebrate this Deepwali together na..and even you promised me that you have freed your working schedule till Deepwali..then from where this so called "urgent work"popped out...this is so not fair Dad.."Manik complained.

"Manik..you are behaving as if I have left the country when the fact is that I haven't even left the city..We both are in the same town..and I will be back in couple of hours..I just needed to be somewhere urgently as it was really important but I will be there with you soon.."

"...and then we both will celebrate Deepwali together..so for now celebrate Deepwali with your friends and my extended family (Murthy's)..enjoy with them na..then once I get back we will have a party of our own..I promise."Raj smiled warmly.

"You promise.."Manik asked like a small child.

"Manik's Nandini Promise."Raj's words made Manik smile.

"Fine..but be back soon okay.."Manik said too cutely.

"Aye Aye Captain.."Raj teased.

"Whatever Dad.."Manik rolled his eyes."But seriously I am still not able to understand what's so urgent that can't be handled by your assistants or other employees and which needed your personal attention."

"It's something really important son...to be honest...it's something priceless.."Raj replied smiling.

"Really.."Manik was intrigued now. "What is it
...please na Dad...tell me..please..please..please."