Chapter Fourteen

"What is this place Dad..aur..hum yaha kyu aaye hai.."Manik asked as he got out of the car.

"Oh-ho what is wrong with you Manik..why are you asking asking the same question again and again.."Raj rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Because aap ek baar me jawab nai de rahe hai isiliye.."Manik replied making a bad face showing his annoyance. "Ab batao bhi Dad..what is this place..and what am I doing here.."

"Do you know what "dheeraj" is.."Raj asked all of a sudden.

"Dheeraj.."Manik got confused. "Kaun Dheeraj..seriously Dad what are you talking about..please don't tell me you are spending some "quality time" with Nyonika..because of which you have caught "Nyonika idiocies" bug.."

"Yaar itna bura waqt bhi nai aaya hai mere.."Raj replied looking straight at Manik. "..and honestly I would rather bring a gun and shoot myself before spending "quality time" with the Devil spawn.."

"Then how come you are asking me all this senseless question..how the hell am I supposed to know who "Dheeraj"is.."Manik huffed and crossed his arms across his chest.

Raj slapped his own forehead and shook his head in annoyance. "Hence proved...you are Nyonika's son.."saying this Raj started to walk inside the mansion leaving a baffled Manik behind.

"What..."Manik followed Raj. "What you mean Dad.."

"I mean you are acting just as dumb as your "mother".."Raj turned to look at him. "I didn't say " who Dheeraj is"..I said "what Dheeraj is"

"Dad now are you teaching me English."Manik was hell confused. "Kya bol rahe ho aap.."who" nahi "what"..please..simple and plain words me explain to me what you want to say.."

Slapping his head Raj finally said "I meant do you know "what Dheeraj is."..matlab.."Raj was about to say it but before that Manik finished his sentence because finally he understood what Raj was trying to say. "Patience"

Manik shook his head in annoyance and slapped his own forehead this time as he finally realised what Raj meant.

"See..just like I said..you are Nyonika's son..simply a tube light.."Raj snorted. "Sab kuch late se samajhte ho..Dhakkan kahi ke"

"Dad.."Manik was about to crib when Raj silenced him."oye chup kar..kya baat baat par kudi ki tarah dad..dad...ki ratt lagae rakhta hai..ab keep your mouth shut and follow me."saying this Raj turned and pushed the double door open.

The room was dark which scared Manik like anything but still he didn't say anything as he didn't wanted to sound like a cry baby.
"Ab khara khara mera muh kya dekh raha hai..get in.."Raj ordered.

"Dad woh.."Manik was about to make an excuse when Raj said "don't behave like a baby Manik..get in..I am right behind you..and we can only switch on the light when we will get inside so..After you.."he gestured Manik to get in.

Since Manik didn't wanted to get any more scolding from Raj he simply followed his father's instructions.

But the moment he stepped in something happened which made him stop in his track..

All of a sudden his breathing became erratic...

...his heart started to beat faster..