Chapter Twenty Four

"Appa.."

"Dad.."

..both Manik and Nandini spoke together as they saw Raj standing on the threshold of the living room with his hands on his eyes. "I swear I didn't see anything that I wasn't supposed to see.."

"Dad.."Manik rolled his eyes "..stop being so over dramatic yaar..and please apni aankhen kholiyen.."

"Kyu taki mai tere Romance ki live streaming dekhhu..sorry..but mai itna bhi mordern baap nahi hu.."Raj teased them as he continued to close his eyes.

Manik was about to say something when Nandini spoke "Appa..kya aap bhi.."saying this she ran towards him and within few seconds ended up hugging him.

Raj smiled and finally removed his hands from his eyes and hugged Nandini back. Kissing the top of her head he said "Happy Holi my love.."

"Happy Holi Appa.."she smiled as she continued to hug her.

"Wah Kya baat.."they both turned around only to find Manik gawking at both of them with his arms folded across his chest. "Matlab maine bola toh mujhe lecture but Nandini ne bola toh ussey hug..aur itna sara pyaar..wah..wah..ab bas yahi din dekhna rah gaya tha.."

"Dad..Dad na raha..pyaar..pyaar na raha..zindagi..hamey tera aitbaar na raha.."Manik sang dramatically.

"Oye chup kar..jal raha hai aur woh bhi apne baap aur apni Nandini se.."Raj said in an equally dramatic tone. "Achcha silla diya tune mere pyar ka..beta ne hi loot liya chain baap ka.."

And the next moment all three of them burst out laughing.

"Aap dono pagal hai..seriously.."Nandini shook her head in amusement as Manik covered the distance between them.

"Mubarak ho Miss Nandini..finally aapne Malhotra's boy's ka sabse bada secret pata kar liya..ki Hum bilkul pagal hai..kyu Dad."Manik side hugged Raj as Nandini was still in Raj's embrace.

If it would have been someone else Manik would have got seriously offended that his Dad shared his love with someone else..

...but...

...right now..

...honestly he couldn't be any more ecstatic.

In fact it just thrilled him to the core that Nandini was not like..

...but Nandini was Raj's daughter.

The way Raj was holding her it was quite evident that he could never avoid her for anyone..

...be it his own son.

In fact it was quite clear from their faces that they indeed share the most beautiful bond that only can dream to have..

...the most purest bond...

...that can exists between two people...

...the relationship between a daughter and her father.

Nandini lost her parents at a very young age but still she kept her parents in her memory like a priceless possessions.

But still Manik knew how much she craved for the love and affection that one child always gets from his/her parents.

At times he had seen how badly she used to miss her parents..

...but today after seeing her with Raj..