Chapter Sixteen

It might take a year, it might take a day,but what's meant to be will always find its way.

"Dad pick up the call yaar.."agitation could be clearly felt in Manik's voice as he dialled Raj's number for the zillionth time.

Placing the phone near his ear he waited impatiently for his father to pick up the call..but unfortunately like his previous zillionth attempts even this time his effort went in vain.

"Oh for the Love of God..Dad...pick up the phone.."he tried calling him again but once again he failed to reach him once again. "Where are you Dad.."Manik gritted his teeth as he tossed his phone away that landed on the passenger seat of his car.

Closing his eyes he covered his face with his palm and sighed.

"Bhaiya..woh.."

"I saw..I saw.."

"Her.."

"Di.."

"I saw Nandini Didi.."

His eyes snapped open. His heart beat accelerated just at the thought..but before his heart could took over..his mind intervene.

"No..No..No.."he shook his head. "This isn't possible...this can't be possible.."he said while he ran his hand over his mouth just for a moment and then removing it..clearing indicating that he was in dilemma.

Great dilemma..

"Champ must have seen someone else

"Champ must have seen someone else..he is definitely "mistaken"...he might have got confused.."Manik was trying his best to convince himself. "he might have seen someone else and has assumed it to be "her"...yes..that's exactly what have happened..yes..yes.."

He was trying to hard as he didn't wanted to fall in the trap of "hope". He won't survive if he started to hope and then his hope would come crashing down. He won't be able to take it..this time.

So he was doing everything in his power to prove his point. In fact he even tried to make Rishab understand that..but Rishab was just as stubborn as "her" that's why even after all his futile attempt to convince Rishab that he just had imagined the whole episode Rishab just didn't gave in.

"She is my Di...Manik bhaiyya. She had practically raised me..how can I forget her bhaiya..how can I confuse her with someone else..it was "her"bhaiyya..it was Nandini Di...I saw her bhaiya..I saw her with my own eyes..just few moments ago.."

"I even followed her but before I could reach out to her she started to move. I saw her moving towards the EXIT so I followed her as I didn't wanted to loose her....that's why I didn't claim by baggages too..because I couldn't afford to loose time..so I ran..but before I could get to her she got out.."