Jeremiah

I wish I had a better life. Dealing with bossy managers at work and dumbhead bullies at school was completely stressing me out. And the last thing I wanted was to enter depression. Nope, that was definitely not an option for me.

I needed a break. I needed something or someone who could make me smile. Mom was too worried herself to make me feel better. And I'm pretty sure no one at school could make me feel any different.

The only good part about school was that I wouldn't constantly have to try and make conversation with anyone, unlike being at work where answering to idiotic customers was mandatory.

Jeremiah : What would you like to order, . . . . sir?

Dumb customer : Don't you have no discount on that burger combo?

Jeremiah : No we don't. Sorry.

Dumb customer : But it's easter!

Jeremiah : We still don't. We never did.

Dumb customer : Well aren't you charming?

Jeremiah : Thank you for your comment sir. Now will you order something?

Dumb customer : Sure, let me just call my wife. See what she wants.

Jeremiah : Oh my go---

And we had to smile.
      Smile!!

At school, I could just ignore or blatantly shut people up and listen to songs on my iPod. Daniel was probably the only person I ever willingly talked to.
And then there were the girls.
I always thought I had a decent face. But somehow the girls around me would find something interesting about my features. I never did understand them.

Random girl : Um, . . . Hi. Jeremiah?

Gdfr was blasting in my ears. I thought I could ignore her. But I couldn't. Leaning against my locker, I had to take the earphones out of their place.

Jeremiah : What?

      I sounded . . . . . . . . bearable. I guess.

Random girl : So uh, I was thinking . . . . Are you . . . . Will you---

Jeremiah : No.

Random girl : But I didn't even---

Jeremiah : I can't go out with you. That's what you were gonna ask, right?

Random girl : Ye. . yeah . . . . . .

Jeremiah : . . . . . . . .

And then there were the tears. Gah!!

Jeremiah : Sorry. I guess.

Random girl : Sob . . Sob . . Sob

Jeremiah : Okay bye.

Now there were things that guys like me could never tolerate. Tears were one of them.
Thankfully, Daniel never cried.

Daniel : Hey! What's up? Why was Tara crying?

Jeremiah : Partly 'cause she's a girl, I think, and partly 'cause I just bluntly rejected her.

Daniel : Dude, you're impossible! Anyways, you coming to the summer performance tomorrow? Football practice'll end quickly. So you can accompany me.

Jeremiah : I don't care.

Daniel : C'mon!

Jeremiah : Okay, fine!

Daniel : Good.

Jeremiah : Hey, why don't girls ever ask you out?

Daniel : . . Smirk . . . . Maybe I'm not as kind as you.

Jeremiah : You're the kindest guy I've ever met. No sarcasm. You have way more talents than I do, and I'm pretty sure your face looks better than mine.

Daniel : Dude . . . . . did you just compliment me? Woah, that's a development.

       Hey . . . . . . . I really just did. Didn't expect that from myself. And my personality didn't even allow that. . . . .

Dang it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isn't Jeremiah the kindest? ;) ;)
- Mallina