Susan

The next day, I actually recieved an epic opportunity to drive Jeremiah to school and my god, wasn't I on cloud nine. Even though he hadn't really changed drastically overnight (which I was glad of), everything he said or did had such an effect on me that I couldn't even.
   He was suddenly an angel. A sage. A great halo was glowing over his head.
   That's right. My eyes were clouded. I had gone crazy.
   And I won't deny, I was kinda freaking out.
   But at the same time, it was a beautiful feeling altogether.

   Yet, I was still freaking out.

   It was so very new!
   I felt so very different!
   My perspective of Jeremiah had changed entirely. Oh who am I kidding? My whole perspective of the world had changed. So much so that I didn't even snap at Liah at school, when she pulled my glasses off my face without my permission and applied light makeup before I could protest.

Susan : And why?

Liah : Woah! How the hell are you Susan? Not only have you changed physically, which is the makeup of course, your personality's not yours either. Did some fairy godmother show up?

Susan : Seriously, you're exaggerating now.

Liah : Hey, you know I've always been that way.

Susan : Anyways, answer my question.

Liah : The prom. Know what that is? We need you to sing at the prom.

Susan : Oh my god, you're kidding me, right?

Liah : I know you hate prom or any kind of dance for that matter. But that's only because you never get a date. This time you've got Jeremiah. So—

   I blinked.

Susan : Wait, what?

   Liah stared at me.

Liah : Trust me, it's all over the school. And that's why, I put in your name for the prom queen candidates just 'cause Jeremiah entered his name for prom king—

Susan : Shut up! You're seriously kidding, right?! About me, I mean.

Liah : No. I'm not.

   I gaped at her. Ginny and Carla. They must have been the cause.
   Lately, they had left me to my tactics so I could get closer to Jeremiah. And it's not like I wasn't thankful to them, but—

Susan : Dude! How could you? I—

Liah : Calm down! It's not like you're gonna win the crown.

Susan : I hate you, Liah. You know that? 

   Liah pursed her lips at me.  

Liah : Anyways. . . . Keep those vocal cords in top shape though! And see you at the party!

   I grimaced as Liah walked away.

Susan : Wait. . . . What party?! Sheesh . . . .

   Prom queen?
  Never in a million years.

Jeremiah : Yo!

Susan : Ah! Hey . . .

   I looked him.
   Me and Jeremiah . . . a thing, huh?

Jeremiah : Is something the matter?

Oh, you have no idea.

Susan : A lot is actually. I hate Liah.

Jeremiah : I see . . . . And now I'm gonna wait for you to tell me the whole story. 

   I smiled at the boy in front of my locker.