Raul

Raul : Don't you just love the weather today?

Pam : I swear to god, say that one more time and I'll punch you.

Raul : And I'll eat you for lunch.

Pam : What was that even supposed to be?

Raul : I dunno, a pickup line or something. I read it in a book yesterday.

Pam : . . . . . . . . . Dude . . . . . . Stare . . . .

Raul : What?

Pam : Never mind. So why's the weather so great today?

The sun was shining warm and nice and a light breeze was blowing. But I had another reason for perceiving the weather as charming. And Pam obviously could see it too.

Raul : Daniel invited me to hangout with him and some of his friends.

Pam : . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Raul : Although it would be better if I could hangout with him alone. . . . .

I chuckled. Pam said nothing. Just smiled.

Pam : Good for you, nay?

Raul : Will you come?

Pam : I--

Raul : I won't take no for an answer.

Pam : --would love to.

Raul: Great! We'll have so much fun.

School was so boring, I wanted to bunk with Pam. But I survived till the end anyway since I couldn't afford to get detention if we got caught by chance. I had a very important evening ahead.

Getting Daniel's number was not so hard. Kaedan had the contacts of most of the guys who played any kind of sport.

Daniel : Hi!

Oh my god, I could die when I finally met up with Daniel and his cuteness.

Raul : Hey!

My voice was steady . . . . . . . . . to some extent.

Kaedan and another guy . . . . Jeremiah, that's right, were there too. I noticed Kaedan looking at Pam beside me.

Raul : Can Pam and her friend, Tara, join too?

Daniel : Sure! The more the merrier.

My lips couldn't resist breaking into the broadest smile. I also noticed Jeremiah's face turn colder when his eyes landed on Tara. Then I remembered hearing about Tara being one of the girls Jeremiah'd rejected. I couldn't blame her. He did have an attractive face, with an atypical personality.

Walking to the designated pizzeria with Daniel by my side was one of the best experiences of my life. Although he laughed more at whatever Jeremiah said and my heart scrunched up each time, my smile remained.

Jeremiah : I don't see why I get to sit with Tara.

The girls had gone to the washroom to do whatever they always did.

Daniel : Aha, you're so blind Jeremiah. Give her a chance.

Jeremiah : Not in a million years is that gonna happen, Daniel. And you know that.

Jeremiah's tone was always emotionless, yet Daniel smiled every time.
The best part, though, was that I was sitting right beside Daniel. His dark hair kept brushing against my shoulder- the best feeling I could possibly feel at that moment.

Daniel : So what do you want to eat?

Raul : . . . I. . . .uh, . . . . . .

The only reason I was stuttering was because Daniel was leaning right under me to glance at the menu card on the table and his right hand was wrapped around my shoulder suddenly. I was trying my hardest to refrain from melting. Or from kissing Daniel.

But I knew what I wanted to do after the hang out was over. The resolution rang in my ears, repeated itself again and again in my head.
I wanted to make him mine. But to do that,

I needed to know more about him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed that!
- Mallina