Chapter 1 - The Mask

"Y/N! Get up! You'll be late for school" it's my aunt who is more loud than an alarm clock.

I'm in High School. My last week and I'll be in college. My parents were dead. At least to me. They broke up and left me with my aunt and go with their own lives. Like I wasn't even born.

I opened up my eyes. This is something that I hate in the mornings. Finding something worth to wake up to. Finding a reason to go on. It's easy to say that you were studying for the future but the truth is, the truth is that there's a lingering 'What For'.

I don't actually need to do well. My father's rich. My mom's husband even more. I bet if I fucked up my life, I'm pretty sure they will finance whatever I need to have.

But I'm better than that. I never asked for a single cent from my parents. I work part time and earned my scholarship. That's the reason why I'm still at school.

"Y/N, do you want be to drag you outside! If you don't get ready in 15 minutes, you'll be late for school!" My aunt.

"I'm awake, no need to shout."

"Eat breakfast first. When's your graduation?" My aunt said as I sat down the dining table.

"This friday." I told her as I munch on some toast and look at the clock.

"Want me to call your mother?" She asked.

"No. I won't attend anyway." I immediately said then drank some water and stood up.

I was about to go outside when mg aunt spoke.

"She asked me about you. You don't have to tire yourself out when you could go home and live a luxurious life"

"I love working. Besides, they have their own family. Dad, at least. I don't want to figure out which home I have to come to everytime. I have you." I smiled at her and kiss her on the cheeks.

That's half truth. The truth is even with my scholarship, juggling studying and work can be quite tiring.

She's my mom's sister. Got excommunicated of some sort. She have an eatery downstairs that lets us rent the apartment we are living in.

After school, I went to my part time job. A convenience store staff. I chose this place because they are few customers in the morning, I don't have work that hard at least and I can study while still working.

I am filling up some college form when a man came in. He was wearing a mask and a cap. The fact the he's wearing a trenchcoat makes me even more nervous.

"Can I help you?" I said.

He removed his cap and mask. He was cute.

"Oh! Sorry I must've look sketchy. I'm just gonna buy something." He smiled. He had this unique boxy smile that is somewhat contagious.

He spent quite a while looking around. He is cute but damn I can't work on my form.

I decided to come near him.

"Are you looking for something in particular?" I asked.

He just smiled and say "I'll find it..."

I went back behind the cashier and look at what he was doing. He was clearly looking for something. Mostly at personal effects. He was ashamed to tell me so I think I know what he is looking for.

I went back to him and whispered "If you're looking for condoms, they're at the counter." I smiled.

He turned beet red and followed me.

I pointed at the boxes of condom waiting for him to choose one but instead he bit his lower lip and just look at each one.

"Are they the same or they have different sizes or ?" He said while he looked at me and realized that I was a girl and I'm giving him a 'Are fucking kidding me look'. He took one of each and took out his wallet.

When he saw the lollipop display he again took one of each type and pushed towards me and smiled like a little boy.

I can't help smiling back at him. I started punching in what he bought.

"This is not for me, this is for a friend." He said.

"Everyone that buys these say the same thing." I said.

"No, the lollipops are mine but these are for my friend" he said while pointing at the boxes of condoms. "You must think I'm weird."

"Trust me, this is not the weirdest combination of products ever bought from this store." I said.

I told him his total bill and he gave me some money. I was counting his change when:

"Keep the change, this is really for my friend. You should smile more. You're much prettier when you smile." He said as he begin to go out.

"Hey wait, we can't really keep any change. We get  scolded if we get extra cash" I gave him his money when he suddenly turned his head up and kept looking at the corners.

I instinctively looked up as well and then he pinched my cheeks.

He smiled devilishly. "Sorry, I can't help it." He said and then went out.