Chapter 15 - Stucked

"Hi" It was Jae calling me. I put it on speaker phone. I was stapling some materials for tonight's taping.

"How are you? Is the weather good?" I asked. How cliche.

"It's fine. Sorry, I told you I'm gonna give you space but ..." He asked.

"It's okay, I missed you voice." I said. It's true.

"I missed you, too. Have you guys talked?" He asked.

"A bit. Not really..." I said.

I heard him sighed.

"Don't worry, Jae. Nothings gonna happen." I told him.

"I'm worried about that. I'm worried that you would choose me and you still love him. I told you Y/N, I don't want charity." He said.

I didn't answer.

"I have to go. I love you." Jae said.

"Yeah, take care." I said.

I heard someone sigh near me. When I turned back it was Taehyung.

"How long have you been here?" I said.

"Around 'I love you and Take Care'" he said mocking me.

I started to put all the materials in a box when he grabbed my arm.

"You don't love him don't you?" He said glaring at me.

"It's none of your business." I said as I continue to put all the papers inside the bag.

Taehyung left me alone after that. Even during the taping he didn't talk to me. I would see him looking at me every once it a while.

We're taping some christmas episode and for the last scene there was an overhead shot. Instead of using a dolly, we used a drone. The team was already packing and the weather was not nice. Snow poured in and we lost the drone.

I was in charge of it so I had to fine it. They say they'll wait for me but I need to be back after 30 minutes otherwise they won't be able to cross the road.

Fortunately, I found it immediately.

Unfortunately, I got lost and took me an hour to get back.

I was dismayed. All the vans have vanished. Right in the corner there he was, Taehyung, as he's blowing on his hands and rubbing it. When he saw me his face lights up.

I felt my heart racing. It reminded me of the old times when he would wait for me and when he saw no matter how late I am, it's always like the first time.

He hugged me. "I was about to call the police to get a search team for you."

"Thanks for waiting." I said.

"Let's go. Let's hope the road isn't blocked yet." He said.

Due to the weather the team decided to go. Taehyung volunteered to stay since he brought his own car.

But the roads are already blocked, the snow are too thick for our car to pass thru. We saw a hotel nearby. Taehyung was talking while I listen.

"Two rooms please" he said.

"We're fully booked. We only have the one room left." The attendant said.

"Are there any other hotels around here?" He said.

He looked at me. My teeth was already chattering from the cold I was exposed to.

"Nevermind, we'll take it." He said smiling at the attendant.

Tae took all the keys and all my bags. When we reach the room. He instructed me to take the room and change while he waited outside. We took turns I was outside for only a minute when he opened the door.

"Jae's calling you." He said. He was half naked. I started to blush.

He gave the phone and closed the door.

"Hello." I answered the phone.

"Sorry, Y/N. I heard it was snowing really hard. I just wanted to know if you're fine." He said.

"Yeah we got stucked actually. But I'm fine." I said.

"That's good to hear." He said.

"Listen, Jae. I wanted to tell you this when you're back but..." I started to say.

"You still love him don't you?" He said.

"... but it doesn't mean I didn't cared for you. I did and there's nothing going on between us. I just think, it's unfair for you." I explained.

"I told you it wouldn't be unfair if I'm happy... shit... shit..." Jae said as his voice started breaking up.

"The moment I saw him, I knew I didn't stand a chance. I kinda expected this to happen but... I was still hoping you've picked me." He said.

"Jae... please. I didn't choose anyone." I said.

"Yes. Because I was never an option when he came back." I could hear Jae crying on the other end.

"But Thank you. At least I wouldn't lose my mind for the next two weeks." He said.

"Bye, Jae." I said.

The line dropped.

I knocked at the door. Taehyung opened. I saw a pillow on the floor.

"You could sleep on the bed. There's only one blanket, you'll be cold." I said.

I lay down but Tae didn't move.

"Taehyung, I mean it. I know you're not gonna do anything." I said.

Taehyung didn't mutter a word and just lay on the bed.

"Are you mad at me? For being stuck here." I asked him as we are both looking at the ceiling.

"No." He said.

"This is so not you. You usually have something to say." I said.

"I'm just tired." He said

I don't know what got into me but I turned and hugged him. Resting my head on his armpit like we used to do.

But Taehyung pushed me away.

When I tried to do it again. He pinned me. His eyes full of anger.

"Y/N, don't do this to me. Stop doing this to me." He said. He stood up and left.

Tae didn't come back. I fell asleep while tears ran on my face.

When I woke up. Tae was sleeping beside me.