Love In The Air (3)

"Have you got any siblings?" He asks once he's stopped laughing.

"No, only child. What about you?"

"I have an older sister, Maddy, she's 21 and a younger brother, Ben, who's 16. I'm really close with both of them."

"Is your brother British?" He nods.

"Yeah, we were settled in England by then. What about your dad? How come he's in Texas?"

"My step-mum, Sophie, is originally from Texas but moved over to England for a job. She had always wanted to move back so she suggested it to my dad after they had been married about a year and he was all for it. He asked me if I was ok with it first which was nice, but even if I wanted him to stay I couldn't of brought myself to ask him to. He looked so excited about the idea of something new. But I kind of wish he'd moved to West Virginia or Alabama." He gives me an amused look.

"Um, why?"

"Because there's an awesome song for each of those states."

"And they are...?"

"Are you serious right now?"

"Well I'm guessing Sweet Home Alabama but I don't know the other one."

"Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver, obviously. I love that song!!"

He shrugs. "Never heard it." I get my phone and earphones out of my bag.

Handing him one, I scroll through my music. "Here, listen to this and I'll show you the cover Hermes House Band did as well, I quite like it, but other people thought they ruined it." I look over to see him smiling at me. "What?"

He shakes his head and looks away. "Nothing." I hit play, and we sit in silence listening to the songs.

"Do you miss him?"

"Who?"

"Your dad."

"All the time, but living with my mum is great. She's like one of my best friends, it's just fun."

"Yeah, I'm close to my mum too, and my dad really. I think that's why it's always so fun when we all go on holiday together. We get along really well."

"Where have you been on holiday?"

"We prefer sight-seeing holidays to chill beach-type holidays. We've been Rome, Paris, New York, China, India, Egypt, pretty much all over."

"Wow." I want to go all those places! No wonder flying doesn't bother him he's been everywhere. How does his family afford that? There are 5 of them so they must be loaded. "What films do you like?"

"Um..." He scratches the back of his neck, embarrassed. "It's kind of geeky, but I love Star Wars." The tips of his ears begin to go red, and he looks so cute and vulnerable.

"No way, me too!" His eyes widen in shock.

"Really? I wouldn't expect...you know..."

I shake my head. "Cameron Gledhill, are you implying that I can't like Star Wars because I am a girl?" He goes bright red and I try to stifle my laugh.

"No! Of course not! I...um...you just don't seem like the kind of person who would be into Star Wars."

"Your digging yourself a bigger hole, mate. Anyone can like Star Wars." I laugh at his now bright red face.

"I know that! I do, I swear, I didn't mean to...Can we just start that over? I just made a complete dick of myself." I nod. And he shuffles a bit in his seat then looks back at my face. "I like Star Wars."

I act surprised and smile. "No way, me too!" We both laugh and he pushes his glasses up his nose.

"Do you think they have any of the films on here?" He points at the TV's attached to the seats in front of us. I hadn't even noticed them before.

I shrug and scroll through the choices. I find what I'm looking for and jump up and down in my seat. I grab Cameron's arm and shake it. "Cameron, they have all of them! Rogue One and everything!"

"No way." He leans over to look on my screen before searching for them on his own TV. "If we press play at the same time, do you think it would be like we're watching it together?"

"We can try, but which one are we watching?"

"For me, it's between A New Hope and Rogue One."

"Same here."

"Lets flip a coin." He pulls 10p out of his pocket. "Heads for Hope, tails for Rogue?" I nod and he flips the coin, slapping it onto the back of his hand once he's caught it. "Heads."

"New Hope it is." We get ready and press play at the same time.