Love In The Air (4)

At a few points in the film, my gaze drifts over to Cameron. Sometimes I see him mouthing the words along with the actors, making me smile. I find myself not being able to concentrate on the film, constantly aware of how close his arm is to mine on the armrest, or the fact that his leg sometimes brushes mine. The film finishes and we both turn to look at each other. He has a massive goofy grin on his face. "That film will never be not awesome."

"Agreed."

"Can I get you anything?" Two flight attendants are stood next to Cameron with a massive cart of drinks and snacks.

Cameron leans over to me. "Want anything?"

"Diet Coke and some Salt & Vinegar Pringles please." Cameron orders the same for himself but with Original Pringles instead.

I reach into my bag and start to get out the money to pay him back but he waves his hand and shakes his head. "It's on me."

"Are you sure?" He nods. "Thank you."

"So, Mae Cadwell, what do you get up to in your spare time? Any hidden talents?"

"I love everything to do with music. I love to sing, I can play piano and a little bit of guitar."

"I can play guitar. I can sing a little as well."

"You are basically Joe Brooks."

He laughs. "My auntie loves him! No doubt his songs will be played at her wedding; she's obsessed. She always says I look like him."

"We should do a duet sometime." I laugh and he smiles, dimples out in full force.

"I think that's a great idea." We share a smile before looking away at the same time. "What sort of music do you like?"

"Well, I love this guy called Joe Brooks."

"I'm Joe Brooks, can't you tell? Love me!" He opens his arms and gestures to himself smiling.

"But seriously, my music taste is just a jumble of everything. Give someone my phone and there will be at least one song on there that they like."

"I'd like to test that theory." He holds out his hand and I give him my phone so he can scroll through.

"Damn, I've seen about 10 that I like and I'm still only on 'A' in the alphabet." I laugh and lean over, watching him scroll through. "I'm going to learn 'Superman' on the guitar just to impress you."

"I'd like that." He tilts his head to look at me and smiles. Because I was looking over his shoulder, our faces are now only centimetres apart and I can feel his breath on my cheek. I turn my head towards him as well and our noses nearly touch. For an electrifying second, neither of us moves. I feel us getting slowly closer and closer.

"Any rubbish?" We jump apart and both turn our gaze to the airhostess stood in the aisle with a bin bag. We throw away our Coke cans and Pringle tubes in silence. She smiles at us before walking away.

"How long left of the flight?" I ask Cameron, breaking the silence.

He looks at his watch. "We've been in the air for nearly 3 hours, so I'd say about 8 left?"

I groan and put my head back to hit the headrest. "We'll be on this plane forever."

"I don't really mind too much." I look over and he shrugs. "I'm enjoying talking to you."

"Cameron, the only reason I'm still sane right now, is because of you. I can't thank you enough. I'm finding this more than bearable, believe me when I say, that's the last thing I thought I'd be saying about this flight."

He smiles that sweet smile of his. "Mypleasure."