Love In The Air (6)

I manage to get through the film, but my eyes are so blurred that I can't see anything. Cameron shakes his head. "Really?"

"What do you mean 'really'. You can't tell me that film doesn't make you feel something."

He holds his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay, the first time I watched it I may or may not of had a tear in my eye."

"Jyn and Cassian are perfect together."

"They never actually get together."

"I don't care what you say, something happened in that lift. There is a whole lift scene that we are missing. And that hug. Oh my God. It almost makes up for the fact I didn't get to see them kiss or anything."

"You are such a romantic."

"I am the ultimate romantic. You can't go wrong with a bit of romance."

"Ever had any romance of your own?"

"I've had maybe 2 or 3 boyfriends, but they've never lasted more than a few months." I look over at Cameron to see him nodding.

"Same here really."

"What? But you're Joe Brooks!"

He bursts out laughing and shakes his head. "Nah, just boring old Cameron Gledhill isn't much of a babe magnet." I find this so hard to believe. Looking at him now, I can imagine Cameron being the perfect boyfriend.

He's definitely easy on the eyes and as far as I can tell, he's a really nice person. He's kind, considerate, geeky, and cute, any girl would be lucky to have him.

I shake my head. "I don't believe that for one second."

He shrugs, "I could say the same about you." I feel heat rush to the tips of my ears.

I clear my throat, "Um, thanks." I look at my lap and feel my face go a deep red. "How long have we been in the air?"

He looks down at his watch, "About 5 hours."

"Nearly half way, um, is it ok if I just... I need the toilet and to get out you'd need to... yeah, sorry I..."

He looks up at me, "It's ok to ask me to move, you know?" He smiles and laughs quietly. Before getting out of his seat and standing in the walkway, letting me get past. "I'll come too, I could do with the loo."

We both walk down the aisle and wait until the toilet becomes free. I walk in and shut the door. They say you learn something new everyday, I've learnt a lot of things today. One of them is that aeroplane toilets scare the hell out of me.

As soon as I sit down, the turbulence starts. Just small little tremors, but to me, I felt like I was going to die. Then, there's the flush. Don't get me started on the flush. It. Is. Terrifying. It's loud and scary and it's so fast. Whoosh, and it's just gone, sucked into some unknown location.

I get out of there as fast as I can (after washing my hands obviously). But because I was rushing I end up practically throwing myself into Cameron's chest.

"Uh, hey, you ok there?" He looks down at me, smiling.

"That was traumatising."

"Yeah, they aren't great are they?"

I shake my head, "Not at all. Do you want me to wait for you or go back to our seats?"

"Go back, I'll be alright. I'll shout if I'm in trouble."

"And I'll come to your rescue."

"I'm counting on it."