Chapter 14 ~ Limping

Aspen's P.O.V.

"Did you have the dream again?" Sandra asked frightened.

"Yes," I say in a raspy voice.

I have had this dream countless times, each with either Nash, Hayes, Matt, or Cameron, taking Sandra away from me. Each with it's own torture, and alternate ending. But by far the worst dream out of these, was the one that included Hayes. It pained me to even conjure the dream back into my mind.

Hayes had been the one to kidnap me, and she had also held Sandra captive, in one of the rooms, within the hall. Hayes had brought out Sandra, and kept toying with her, then started to make-out with Sandra. As I just painfully sat there unable to move, tied up in the dusty corner, as tears spilled over my eyes, blurring everything.

The worst part was that, Sandra was not responding to Hayes, and she was trying to push him away and escape, but she was held there. And Hayes was even more aggressive, due to he non-responding.

I know it was only a dream, but they all seem so real.

The weirdest part though, was how I got asked the same question in every dream. What Is Your Biggest Fear?

And every single time I said the same answer.

Losing Sandra.

And then they find some way to twist my fear, and make the "experience" terrifying for me. The vision of Hayes holding Sandra against the wall, and mixing his mouth with her's still haunts my mind, even into the depths of the night.

These dreams are just another reason to protect Sandra, because I never know what Matt, Nash, Hayes or Cameron could pull.

I look up to her with loving sympathy, biting down on my lip. How much longer will I be able to protect her beautiful face? See her enchanting smile every day? Hear her cheery laugh? I dont know, but I am going to make sure, it is for as long as possible.

Sandra's P.O.V.

Aspen is biting down on his lip, hard, looking deep in thought. What could he possible be thinking about? I want to know, but I'm scared to, becuase I most likely know. It pains me that he has to worry about this, me, us so much, that half the time I cant even muster the emotions without feeling as if a rain cloud has drifted over my head, ready to pour. My stomach feeling as if it was being mauled by a bear in that very moment, scraping out my insides.

He looks up to me, his chocolaty brown eyes as shiny as glass. Telling me through his eyes, that my thoughts are confirmed.

"It's going to be ok." I whisper. The color was slowly returning to my face, and his face, cheeks becoming more cherry red , by the second.

I lean over, and envelope Aspen into a hug. Immediately, the warmth of his body gives me comfort, embracing the moment as I hold him tight. His arms wrapped securely around my waist, making sure I don't fly away.

As we pull away, he looks so much better, a small smile placed upon his face. Making me smile also, I feel my insides being ignited, lighting up the room.

I run my hands through his hair as he gazes at me, his eyes gleaming as bright as the stars.

"Cutie." I say giggling afterwards.

Aspen returns a small laugh looking down to the ground afterwards.

"Hey." I say sweetly, turning his chin up to me. I flash a bright, loving smile, peering into his eyes.

He gets the message too, and smiles back, the smile finally atleast somewhat reaching his eyes.

I start to stand up out of the shifting stool. James goes over to retrieve the crutches from the short, curly haired nurse. "Thank You," he mutters as he takes the white crutches from the nurse and hands them to Aspen, who is waiting patiently. I help Aspen get up, carefully, until he can balance the weight on one foot, and position the crutches underneath his arms, and retain balance.