Chapter 7 ~ Hopefully Explained

You know what I think?

I think that people will judge you no matter what. They will try to tear you down, or build you up, try to rip apart every single piece of you, or try to put you back together. But what really matters in the end, is what you make of yourself, who you are, and what you do. Not what other people think of you. You create yourself. Don't ever forget that :).

I stand there, with my arms wrapped around my warm body, stuck in the cold, soaked clothes I was still wearing, frozen in place.

"Sandra, what did they do to you?" Louis repeated.

I shake in my cold state, and try to not think of the events those evil boys put me through earlier today. Wondering that if I don't think of it, Louis and Connor will ignore the touchy subject, and go back to their previous activities, and let me run-away into the safe haven of my room and change into my comfy, warm pj's, and fix myself together once again.

I tried to ignore Louis's concerned deep blue eyes, and Connor's shocked green/blue iris's. But those are the type of gazes you can't ignore.

It took some time of reassuring silence, but eventually I spoke, knowing it would do no good not too.

"Nash got too close." Louis and Connor, silently and fearfully edged me to go on. "Matt mocked me. Cameron was being a bystander. And... Hayes touched me." I said the last sentence quietly and disappointingly, twitching at the feeling. "And I created a horrible thunder storm still happening."

Louis was on the edge of saying, "What?" And Connor had pity in his bright eyes. I thought they were going to yell at me, and tell me what I should do, but they surprised me when they took slow careful steps towards me, and enfolded me in a comforting, long hug. The warm, embarrassing hug lasted about 2 minutes. I finally felt okay for a bit, in my loving brother's protection. A closed eyed flourishing hug of healing, hugging is my therapy.

Sometimes you don't need therapy, you just need a warm hug and a cup of hot chocolate. :) <3

So that's what we did. Louis, Connor, and I all made hot cocoa and sat on our comfy, cushioned couch, while I talked about what had happened today. And comparing it to the things that they had previously done to me, speaking of what they could do, and if Louis and Connor, or Aspen could protect me from them.

I sighed and shook my head, looking into my cross-legged lap, taking a sip of my warm and sweet chocolaty goodness of wonderland, known as hot chocolate. I look up to their gazes, "I don't know. I mean, Aspen can protect me in the classes I have with him, the halls, and lunch, even after school, but it doesn't cover enough. I never know when Nash, Hayes, Matt, or Cameron could be planning something to erupt on me and damage me."

I had practically lost all hope over the years, of escaping them, only a glimpse of hope left of leaving them behind, and getting away from them, forever and finally. By now I knew that, that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

"Ya, they come at the most unexpected times." Connor explained. "Just like last year, when you were on the swings with Samantha, for that field day and.... (Flash Back)"

I was swinging with Samantha on the playground, and having a field day while helping out at the South ridge elementary.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous, the light wind blowing through out hair, and kissing our cheeks. The blue sky and fluffy white clouds making us feel free, and the enviously green grass was blooming with luminous beauty and sweet and soft smells of spring flowers, grazing the air around us. The sound of children giggling in the distance.

It was break, and we were discussing how there was too much homework, how cute the elementary schoolers were, and about how the dudes at our school sucked, while swinging back and forth.