Chapter 16 ~ Suds

I hum to my new favorite song while the hot water rushes over me, calming my senses. I lightly sway as I sound out the words, sweetly echoing off of the shower walls.

I got one less, one less problem

*cue saxophone solo*

der, der, derne, ne, ne, ne, derne, ne, nene, ne

I enjor these moments of bliss, like this. Where I can just feel OK for a bit, by myself, comforted in my own vicinity.

I scrub the sudsy bubbles onto my hair, the strawberry scent filling the space. I'm so glad my Mom bought strawberry, because the smell of artificially enhanced watermelon products makes me vomit. I know, Ew.

As I hum along to the song some more, I finished up scrubbing my hair, and let the soap rinse off of my body, shave my legs, and then grab the beige towels off of their rack. I wrap the towels around my body and hair, waiting for when I dry, as I brush my teeth, and insert my contacts into my eyes, blinking wildly until they adjust.

Today is going to be awesome.

Optimism, always a great perk to start out the day, Whoo.

I breath out in a puff, examining myself in the mirror, and picking up a hair that somehow trailed it's way in front of my face.

Beep, Beep, Beep...

It's Aspen!

My phone vibrates on the counter, clinking against the counter top. I try to pick it up, but it slips a few times from my slippery hands. When I finally get a hold of it, I press down the answer button and place the phone up to my ear.

"Hello Wonderful," Aspen says, and I can hear his smile through the phone.

"Hello Amazing," I say, smiling uncontrollably as the words trail out of my mouth.

"Ready for our monthly park date?" He asks, seeming excited.

"Yep." I say, trying to keep in my happy giggle.

Every month, once a month, if not twice, Aspen and I meet up at the park for a date. We believe that dates outside are more romantique, fun, and open.

And I don't mean for it to sound creepy. Cause honestly, the dates are fantastic.

"See you in 20," Aspen says. He sounds nervous, just by the way he is speaking, and the words he is choosing.

It's honestly so cute how we have been together for so long, and Aspen still gets a little nervous for our dates. It's so irresistibly, cute and adorable.

"See you Aspen, Love You."

"Bye Sandra, Love You." He says.

Then I wait for a few moments to see who will hang up, and after a cute little argument of who will hang up first, I agree to end the call. I push down the button and stare smiling at my phone, thinking of what to wear, and what the date will be like. I smile uncontrollably as a few exhilarated giggles escape my lips.

I rush into my room, drops of water soaking into the carpet as I trail my way through my bedroom door. I quickly close the blinds and contemplate what to wear. After a few minutes I pick out a simple black t-shirt and white shorts, it doesn't matter what you wear on a fun date, right? Just matters about the people and if it's awesome or not. I smile to myself and slip on my undergarments, them put on the t-shirt an shorts, brush my dirty-blonde hair until I am content with my appearance, and then I open up the blinds. I also open up the window so I can feel the breeze and the sunlight pouring in.

I hop down the steps and slip on my shoes, the fantabulous blue vans, place my cellphone in my pocket, and then call to Louis and Connor that I'm going with Aspen to the park, but I don't mention he date part, hehe. Not that they already didn't figure it out yet, but whatever. "Lou! Con! I'm going to the park with Aspen!! See you in a few hours!! Love You, Bye!!!"

"Bye!" They call in unison. And Connor adds;

"Be safe!"

Then Louis nudges him and says, "Ya right." Snickering at his comment.

I just silently laugh as I close the door behind me, and walk down the front steps. The September breeze whips my hair around lightly, letting it rest upon my neck as the sun radiates heat onto my skin. Ahh, so nice.

I walk down the sidewalk towards Bloomingdale park, it normally takes about 15 minutes to get there.

I wonder about how our date will go and what we'll talk about, and just to make sure it's not going to rain, like it did a few months ago, I look up, but only see the clear blue sky with nothing but a few drifting clouds in the calm atmosphere.

I put one foot I front of the other as I walk, wondering about the different scenarios. We could be on the playground and talking about random school crap and laughing about how awkward school is. Or inside the tube slide laughing about who-knows-what an then playing tag around on the wood-chips. Or laying upside down on our usual slide, talking and laughing about how surreal everything is, and about what we're going to do, and obsessing over the newest book craze, etc.

I'm okay with either of the possibilities, as long as Aspen's shining brown eyes are there, looking into mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Ahh!! So romantique... And sorry that I haven't posted, I've been busy with life and studying for finals, and finals which started today, whew!! But I promise to update more, and when Summer comes (for my school atleast) in 5 DAYS, I will DEFINITELY be posting more. :D

Sooo...

Book Of The Post:

The Happy Birthday Song

northbynorth

Please comment, follow, vote, etc. Thank You!!!

Have a Wonderful Day/Night!!! Byyye!!!!! 😘❤️