Prep for Mission 1

"What's going on, Fury?" I ask as I sit. He looks at my father and then to me.

"We are sending you to Iran." He says plainly and my jaw drops.

"What? Why? You have to have somebody more qualified than me to go. I've not even been trained yet." I say.

"We don't have anyone that matches your intelligence. You are also young and you pick up on things quickly. You'll also fit in with the younger crowd that we need to keep an eye on." He says and I look down.

"What's the time frame?" I ask. He looks at the papers in front of him and then back at me.

"You'll leave after Christmas and you should only be gone until spring." He says and I sigh. "Until that time you will be training physically, mentally, and even emotionally to deal with the situations you may face while you are over there."

I look at his face and then I look at all of the people that have been in my life since I was born.

"Ok. Now what are you not telling me?" I ask and they all look at me shocked.

"Nothing gets past you." He says as he shakes his head.

"What he's not telling you is that they want to send you to the capital of terrorism. Right in the heart of it. It's really close to the place I was held captive." Dad says and I look at him and begin to chew my lip.

"And you want me to go there? What are you smoking?!" I say to Fury, and he sighs.

"Aaron-"

"And you weren't going to tell me where I was going?" I say and he glares at me.

"That is a need to, and you didn't." He says and I glare right back at him.

"I do actually," I say and I sit back and think about it.

"Stark, listen to me." Fury says then dad and I look at him.

"Which one?" We both ask.

"Both of you. Look I wouldn't be sending Aaron there if it wasn't safe. Well at least as safe as we can make it for him." Fury says and I look at dad.

"You never answered. Why Aaron? I know you said that it was because he is young and all of that junk, but what is the real answer?" Dad pushes and I look at Fury expectingly.

"The truth is that they will be looking for one of you. They know who you all are. No avenger would be safe going over there. They don't know Aaron." Fury says and I roll my eyes.

"If they know the Avengers then they should know me," I say and Fury looks at me.

"No, they don't. Somehow you slipped under their radar. At least we think that you did," He says.

"You think?! No, my son is not going in on what you think is fact. Find out if it is true or he's not going." My father says as he stands and walks to the door. "Aaron, we're going home. Now."

With that, my father leaves the room and I stand. Before I go I look back at Fury.

"Email me the full details and I'll talk to my parents. In the meantime lets set up work out schedules with my aunt and uncles so I can get ready without my dad being suspicious." I say as I go to walk out the door.

"Aaron," Fury says and I stop and look at him "Thank you."

"Don't mention it," I say and I walk out the door to go and find my father who just so happened to be waiting by the car. I unlock the car and we get in and I start driving home.

"So how was your date with Lillie?" Dad asks after about ten minutes.

"It was great. We hung out and talked nothing elaborate." I say and I can see the smirk forming in his face. "What?"