Graduation day

(Tony's POV)

I couldn't be more proud of my son 13 years old and he has already graduated from ITT tech. He is still in bed asleep when Pepper and I get up and she makes him breakfast. I watch her she is so beautiful even if she doesn't think she is. But even 8 1/2 months pregnant she is more gorgeous than ever. Aaron is so excited about his little sister. To be truthful so am I. But it's going to be so weird after 13 years having a baby in the house. Pepper has finished making his breakfast and we take it up to him. He lays in bed in nothing but his favorite Pillsbury dough boy pajama pants and a gray tank top.

"Wake up Aaron. Wake up buddy." I say gently waking him. He opens his eyes and smiles. He always wakes up with a smile. He moans as he stretches.

"Goodmorning Dad." I smile he's grown up so fast!

"Morning Aaron. So today is the big day. You graduate from college!" He smiles really big.

"Yeah​. I'm excited but also scared."

"Scared? Why are you scared?"

"Because it's the unknown. I'm done with school. I mean I don't know what the next step is. But whatever it is I know its gonna be great." I smile and sit down next to him Pepper is waiting just outside she knew we would need a few minutes.

'Gosh I love her! She knows what needs to happen. She knows just about everything I think.'

"Dad?"

"Hmm?" I hum coming out of my thoughts.

"How did you feel on the day of your college graduation?"

"Well I was nervous just like you except I didn't have a father who supported me. All he ever did was ignore me."

"Did you hate him?"

"Yeah​ I did."

"Why would you name me after someone you hate?"

"Well that was your mom's idea Aaron. She thought it would help me in some weird way or something and it fit you." He smiles.

"Yeah​ so that is where Howard came from. But what about Aaron?"

"Well that is your mother's Father's name. I met him once and I really liked him." I stop when Aaron begins to rub his head.

"Hey you ok bud?"

"Yeah​ i'm just getting a headache."

"Hmmm.....that's no good. I'll get you some aspirin after breakfast."

"Thanks dad."

"Your welcome bud."

"Son i just wanted to say that i'm so proud of you your mother and I both are." He smiles at me.

"Thanks dad." He hugs me and we hug for a second then Pepper walks in with his breakfast and sits with us.

"Hey sweety." "Hey mom. Did you make this?"

"Yes I did. I kept your dad away from the kitchen."

"Hey! I'm not that bad of a cook!"

"Dad you burnt popcorn. Bagged popcorn at that."

"It's not my fault the directions were in Spanish." We all laugh. The microwave still smells like burnt popcorn. I admit I am a horrible cook. But that's why I have Pepper. I smile. Aaron begins to eat and we start talking and laughing.

"So is uncle Rhodey gonna make it?" Aaron says after he swallows.

"You know he wouldn't miss this. He is excited for you almost as much we are."