24.)

DASANI

It's been two hours and I've learned a lot about Mike.

He was actually down to Earth, I guess he just had to fill me out like I was doing with him. I learned that he was 40, married with three kids, two boys and a little girl.

The boys were in their freshman and sophomore year of college and his daughter was on her way to the third grade, all of them were very intelligent.. from what he told me.

His wife was an Lawyer and a part time preschool teacher.

After Don, August's OG passed, he decided it was time to leave the game. Him and Don from what he told me, had talked about it a lot and planned it out, but things happened.

He and Aug still kept in contact, when he heard that August finally settled down he was shocked and didn't believe him, until he witnessed it for himself.

He too, said he see's a change in him and noticed the love Aug has for me and vice versa.

I told him about the craziness I had to deal with in our earlier stage and he told me that was nothing, cuz it could've been worse..

I guess..

"You wanna marry him?" He asked not taking his eyes from the television that had the basketball game broadcast.

I didn't understand none that was going on, but I just stayed down here cuz his company was welcoming.

"Yeah, he's my world." I told him honestly. "I can tell." He said with a slight grin and I giggled.

"You really mean something ta' him." He added, "Everyone keeps saying that." I said looking at him briefly then back at the tv.

"Because we all know it, you just haven't realized it yet.." He stated getting up to do his daily walk around.

He's done this a total of six times in two hours, I mean if someone broke in we would've heard, but hey I ain't gonna tell anyone how to do their job.

While he did that, I got up and headed out the living room and to the kitchen for a snack.. or two.

I settled on some Greek yogurt and black cherries with a bottled water. I walked back into the living room and retook my seat just as he came from upstairs and walked towards the backyard area.

I sat in silence as I ate my yogurt and cherries as I tried to understand the damn game. Ten minutes passed by and he returned back in the living room and sat back down.

"Find anything?" I asked with a slight grin, he laughed to himself and shook his head. "If I did, they wouldn't be here for long." He replied in a cool but promising tone, I thought I caught chills.

"Good to um.. know." I murmured, he gave a simple head nod before he got up and walked in the direction of the kitchen.

I ate a few more cherries then closed the bag up and picked up my empty yogurt container.

"I can order you something if you want?" I told him as I washed my hands after putting the cherries up.

"Nah, I'ma make some Cajun shrimp pasta with homemade garlic bread." He said rummaging through the cabinets and fridge, for the stuff he needed.

"You cook?" I asked shocked. "Growing up in Louisiana, that's a must." He replied wit his back to me as took some pots and pans out the cabinet.

"I won't argue with you on that." I said standing off in the back so he could have space. "I'm also a chef." He added and my eyes widened.