Chapter 8

๑Chapter 8๑

Jayden’s P.O.V.

She’s lying, I know she is. I waited for her while she swam so I could explain myself to her. I wanted to tell her why I was being a jerk to her and made her spill her food all over herself. I didn’t want anyone finding out about what happened that day my sister accidently pushed her into the lake. But then I saw that she has fresh bruises all over her body, but what shocked me the most, were the scars I saw. She’s been beaten before, I would know, I’ve lived a rough life before.

I grew up not even having the basic things in life. My father was a drug dealer who got high off of his own supplies. He always got into trouble and I had to toughen out in order to protect my mom. My mom was always caring and really tried hard to bring in a stable check, but my father always ended up having to use whatever extra money we had to pay his suppliers for the drugs he used instead of sold.

He would always blame my mom for our troubles and on more than one occasion he tried to hurt her, but I was always there to stop him. That’s why, when he left to go try and sell his product and didn’t come back, we packed up whatever we had, took whatever money we had, and left without looking back.

It was hard at first but then when I was old enough to work, I helped my mom pay all the bills. We lived a descend life for a while, everything was fine. Then one day while my mom was out getting groceries, by a stroke of luck she met Leonardo Perez. Leonardo ran his own online, legit, business of trading and selling just about anything.

They hit it off pretty well, at first I was skeptical that he was just going to use my mom and throw her away. My mom was even skeptical as to why such a wealthy man would even think about being seen with a woman who was just able to pay the bills, but he soon proved to both of us how much he truly loves her.

Soon they married and not long after, Gabriella came into the world. She may only be my half sister, but that doesn’t mean I love her any less. I promised to myself that I would never let her experience anything that happened to me in the past. I would do anything for her just so she could have a long happy life.

So as I gaze at Raven while she leaves, I can’t help but think that I should help her no matter what because whatever she’s going through she doesn’t deserve it.

╰☆╮

One step into my house and I already know the guys have already arrived. I can hear them all the way from the game room down the hallway. Entering the room I see Aiden spread out on the couch, Luke sitting in a recliner texting on his phone, and the twins sitting down in front of the television playing video games.

“Dude where have you been, I thought we were going to meet at your place right after schools, it’s almost eight.” Aiden says. 

“I had something to do.” I respond

“Something or someone?” Luke says raising his eyebrows suggestively.

“I’ll leave that to your imagination.” I tell him with a smirk on my face. Luke always has his head in the gutters; he’s more of a one night stand type of guy. He seems pretty set on no settling down anytime soon, if ever. 

“No fair you cheated.” Robert says. “No I didn’t you just can’t beat me.” Roman says. Of course they would be completely oblivious to anything going around them. After many rounds of playing games we all just sit around eating and drinking while flipping through the channels.

“Hey Jay, why’d you trip Raven?” Robert asks.

“What are you talking about?” I ask keeping a straight face. He couldn’t have possibly seen me intentionally trip her. I made sure no one noticed.