Chapter 25

๑Chapter 25๑

Jayden’s P.O.V.

            I am not a stalker, I don’t care what anyone else says, I am not a stalker. I think to myself as I move a couple of books over to have a better view. I’m just making sure no funny business goes on, I’m just looking out for her. I duck down when she turns around, it’s like she knows someone’s watching her.

            After Raven left school, Luke followed right after and I followed him. I wanted to make sure, well first, if what she was saying was true, and second, to make sure Luke stayed in check. He hasn’t tried anything yet, but I wouldn’t put it past him to do something.

            They’ve been working on calculus for the past few hours and I don’t think they’ve even passed the second page yet. So Luke seems to be acting like he doesn’t know how to do calculus and is getting Raven to help him out, pathetic.

            I duck down once more when I see her get up and walk a few feet away to answer her phone. The call is brief, and she has her back to Luke, obviously not wanting him to see what she’s saying, but as she’s able to end the call Luke gets up and stands behind her. When she hangs up, she turns around and is face to face with Luke. I’m about to throw the nearest book at his head when I see him leaning in, but Raven beats me to it by punching him in the face.

            I can’t really hear what she’s saying, but I’m sure she's yelling at him for trying to kiss her. What the hell was he thinking anyways? He should have known she wouldn’t have let him do that. Why does he even keep trying? Luke is seriously testing my patience here.

            After Raven finishes yelling at Luke she begins to walk away, but she has this look on her face that shows she has other things to deal with. So, I decide that Raven yelling at Luke was punishment enough and leave the library to follow after her.

            I am not a stalker!

Raven’s P.O.V.

            I turn around when I get a feeling of someone staring at me, but when I do, I face nothing but bookshelves, again. Ever since I started helping Luke with his work, I’ve been having a feeling that someone has been staring very intensely at us, but I keep brushing it off.

            “Why don’t we just go to my house, I think I’ll be able to concentrate better there anyways,” Luke says for the billionth time.

            “Just do your work Luke,” I say rolling me eyes. I feel something vibrate in my pocket, so I pull out my phone and check the caller id. Clark. “I have to take this,” I say and walk a couple of feet away from the table we were sitting at, so he wouldn't hear the conversation.

            “Got a job for you,” Clark says. “You're going to meet someone at the drop off point and show him the ropes, his name is Shawn. The price of the product you are delivering went up, so even if they don’t cooperate, make sure you get every last penny.” After giving me the address of the location, he hung up.

            I sigh in frustration, seeing that I can’t even have one day to myself. “Hey Luke I,” I begin, but when I turn around, I come inches away from his face and the space between us keeps closing in, but I don’t let him, because before he could lean in any further, I pull my arm back and thrust it forward having it collide with his face and glare at him as he falls.

            “What the hell is wrong with you Luke?! How many times am I going to have to beat it into you that I’m not interested? Honestly, the nerve you have.” I go and grab my bag and begin to leave, but not before Luke says something.