Chapter 23

๑Chapter 23๑

Jayden’s P.O.V.

            I watch her leave along with the last chance I might have had to talk to her. I could just corner her again, but I know that it’s probably too late anyways. I was planning on confronting her in the gym, but I never saw her after she went into the changing room. I asked the guys if they knew where she was, but no one knew, so I went around looking for her. At first, I thought maybe she might have been called to do another job for Clark, but for some reason I knew that wasn’t the case so I looked for her where she would spend her time alone, the pool.

            When I spotted her, I wasn’t planning on swimming. I just wanted to talk to her, but then I saw how calm she was. So I jumped in, forgetting about the reason I went looking for her in the first place. Then after we spent the entire period just fooling around, I didn’t want to put her in a bad mood, so I just let her walk away.

            I let out a big sigh as I got out of the pool, having an idea of why she would leave with such haste, hoping she wouldn’t have to be just some puppet for Clark. I’m sure she can take care of herself with other people, but when it comes to Clark she’s defenseless. I want to help her, but I also don’t want to put my family in danger by getting involved. So all I can really do is be there for here, without having to charge right into Clark, I just hope she will be able to get out of this.

╰☆╮

Raven’s P.O.V.

            Pulling out of the schools parking lot, I punch in the address of the location that I’m supposed to meet the person that I was in charge to teach the ropes to, into the GPS. It takes me about ten minutes to get to the location, and when I arrive I see a guy standing around looking bored with a couple of duffel bags lying around.

            “You’re kidding right? They sent a girl to be my mentor?!” The guy asked when I pulled up next to him. I narrow my eyes at him but ignore his comment getting out of the car and grabbing a couple of duffel bags. I’m stunned when I get a good look at the guy, he could be much younger than me, if anything maybe a few years younger. What the hell is this kid doing? Does he want to get himself killed?

            “Just grab the rest of the bags and get in the car kid,” I say after the shock of how young he is wears off.

            “I ain’t no kid, and you ain’t going to tell me what to do,” I hear him mutter, but I smirk when I see he does as I say. “Alright sweet-cheeks, where we headed?” he asks when we are settled in my car. I raise my eyebrow at him, knowing that he’s the one that’s supposed to know. That- for security reasons, Clark doesn’t want one person knowing too much information just in case they get caught.

            “Um, you’re the one who’s supposed to tell me that,” I say confused.

            “I am?” I sigh in frustration at how helpless this guy is going to be.

            “Look…uh…” I pause, waiting for him to tell me his name.

            “Brian.”

            “Brian. What are you even doing here? You’re going to end up getting yourself killed doing this kind of job.”

            “What I do or don’t do ain’t any of your business. So why don’t you just shut up and drive?”

            “I’m just trying to keep you from getting killed okay, so no need to go all off on me.” We fall quietly, as I pull onto the street, not really knowing which way I’m supposed to go. “Alright look, if you’re willing to go through this, and if you want to still live to see tomorrow, you’re going to have to do everything I say, got it?”