Chapter 21

๑Chapter 21๑

Raven’s P.O.V.

“What are you doing?” It’s more of a rhetorical question, since I didn’t know what else to say after Jayden and I just stared at each other. I can feel the blood rush to my face, so before he could say anything, I do the only thing that comes to mind, kick him off the bed.

He reaches out for his nightstand in an attempt to stop himself from falling, but instead manages to knock everything, creating a large ruckus. The air is filled with awkward silence as he doesn’t seem to want to give an explanation and I don’t ask. Do I even want to know?

A few seconds later the door busts open and Gabby comes running in, jumping onto the bed.

“Mom wants to know what’s going on. We heard a big crashing sound.”

“Uh, I just fell. Tell mom we’ll be down in a bit.” Jayden answers his sister getting up and going to his bathroom. I stay seated in bed while Gabby skips away.

Okay what just happened? Was he…no he wouldn’t have. This is Jayden we're talking about. He doesn’t like me, heck he can’t even stand me. The only reason we’re able to be civil to one another is because of the project and this is the last day. Once we turn in Ian, we will go back to our own lives, maybe I’ll even be able to put some space in between me and the guys. I really don’t want to see them get hurt just because they hang out with me. But the thing is, do I really want to push them away?

╰☆╮

Jayden’s P.O.V.

What the hell was I thinking!? I’m not acting like my normal self! I don’t know what it is, but I either act stupid or just like a major douche when I’m around her. Is she a witch or something? Because it seems like I’m under some kind of spell...but the thing is...I don’t think I mind.

“Jay” I hear Aiden call me out, “Put the potassium in the water and mix.” I absentmindedly pour the powder into the container with water and stir.

What am I thinking?! I need to snap out of it, I mean I’m Jayden for crying out loud.

“Now measure the hydrogen and then pour it into the other beaker.”

I don’t go around only thinking about one girl, so why am I sitting here in who knows what class thinking about Raven. Thinking about what she could be doing in Art with the twins. And no I am not a stalker! I just have a class with one of the twins (I can never tell who is who) before her art class and know they walk with her.

“Measure detergent and mix it with the hydrogen.”

And then after that she had calculus with that jackass, Luke. He wouldn’t stop talking about his plan on pretending he didn’t understand anything so he could have Raven tutor him. I mean like come on, how desperate can that guy get? Having to pretend to get closer to her, I don’t need to pretend, we can hang out whenever we want to.

“Okay what color do you want it? Jay? Jay? Um okay…I’ll choose.”

She doesn’t even like him. I can see how he makes her feel -uncomfortable- especially when he tries to make a move. Why does he even keep trying when she makes it obvious she isn’t interested?

“Alright, here it goes.”

He needs to leave her alone. He doesn’t even know anything about her.

“Pour the dissolved potassium into the mixture of the hydrogen and detergent.” I bring the beaker holding the potassium up to the hydrogen/detergent mixture and pour.