Chapter Nineteen

Grant's POV

I jumped as the doorbell rang. Slowly I stood and made my way to the door. I pulled it open and asked the FedEx guy, "How can I help you?"

"Are you Grant Smith?" He asked.

"Yeah. But I didn't order anything." I said confused.

"Sign here." He said and I signed it because I just didn't feel like messing with people today. I closed the door as he walked away. Setting the package on the table I went to find a pair of scissors.

I cut the packing tape and opened the box. On top lay a sheet of paper. I opened the letter and recognized Alissa's hand writing. I quickly read the letter already not believing it.

I place the letter to the side and moved the extra piece of cardboard. Under it lay Alissa's wedding dress. I pulled it out and looked at it. It was ripped and covered in blood. Placing it and the letter back into the box I ran to my car and drove to my dad's office.

I went in without knocking. "Dad look at this." I said before I noticed that the Sheriff and Adam was there. "Sorry for interrupting. But this can't wait." I said pulling out the dress.

"That's Ali's. And it is covered in blood. Do you think she is dead?" Adam asked looking at me.

"No. She wrote a letter. She misspelled her name." I said handing the letter to my dad and he read it.

"Well she obviously did not go at her own will. She says that the blood came from a scrap. She is not safe. But the last sentence I don't understand. Do you Adam?" Dad asked.

"What does it say?" He asked.

"It says 'tell my brother to always trust his gut and not to rehash the past.'" Dad read aloud.

"Yes. She's telling me that we know who took her. And my past. That would be the wedding.
Oh my god. I was right. He took her. Come on Grant lets go." Adam said pushing me out the door.

"Where are we going?" I stupidly asked.

"To rescue my sister. She'll be at Daniel's house. I got the address from Ethan. We are almost there." Adam added as we suddenly came to a stop in front of the dark house. As we made our way through the darkness to the side of the house. We quickly entered the house through the side door.

We saw Daniel walking around the kitchen and throwing a plate of food in the trash. Adam motioned for Mr to go find Alissa.

I walked down the hall, pushed the door open  and made my way down the stairs. At the door I saw Ali. She was tied to a bed naked. I ran to her. "Ali. I'm going to get you out of here. Just be quiet." I said untying the ropes. As soon as she was free she wrapped her arms around me.

"I love you." She whispered in my ear.

"I love you too." I said hugging her. I pulled out of the hug and shrugged out of my jacket and helped her out it on. She zipped it up and stood. "Come on. Let's go." I said helping her up the stairs.

We walked through the door and saw Adam and Daniel fighting. We watched shocked as Adam fell to the floor unconscious.

"Adam!" Alissa screamed running to her brother. I ran out of the kitchen chasing Daniel. I grabbed his arm and he turned throwing a punch at me.

I ducked and swung at him. My fist connected with his jaw. I heard Alissa rummaging through the drawers behind me. I turned to look at her. Bad choice for me. I fell to the ground with blood running down the side of my head.

There was a rush of air next to my ear as I sat up. I glanced at Daniel to see him slowly fall to the ground. "Are you okay?" Alissa asked me as I turned toward her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Yeah. I'm fine. You just saved my life." I whispered in her ear.

"Hey. I owed you one." She replied leaning up and pressing her lips softly to mine. I pulled her closer and deepening the kiss.

"How is Adam?" I asked pulling back a minute later out of breath.

"He is okay. I think. Maybe we should call the the cops. I'm pretty sure I just killed Daniel." Ali replied as I handed her my phone.

"Call your father. Then the police. Your father is going crazy with worry." I said as there was a knock at the door.

"POLICE! OPEN UP!!" The Sheriff screamed through the door. I ran to it and pulled it open.

"You all should come in. Call an ambulance and I don't care what you do with Daniel." I said gaining two blank stares.

"Grant!!!" Alissa screamed causing me to turn and run back into the kitchen. I saw Alissa pinned to the ground with a bloody knife to her throat.

I grabbed the gun off the floor took aim and fired one shot. Daniel fell to the ground blood pouring from his temple. Alissa pushed him off of her stood slowly then ran into my arms crying. I held her close I could feel the wetness seeping through my shirt. I couldn't care less. I'm just glad that Ali is safe.

Two minutes later her dad came in carrying a black bag. He handed it to Ali. She took it and went into the next room. When she came back she wore a pair of black leggings, a tank top, and my jacket. "Thanks dad." She said walking back into my arms.

"Grant?" Adam asked not opening his eyes.

"She's safe. We are going home. All of us. You are driving if you feel up to it." I said with a smirk as he stood. He glared at me and walked out the door and we followed him to his black Chevy truck. Dad and the Sheriff stayed to take care of the mess that we had made.