Chapter Fifteen

Six Months Later

"Did I mention that you look beautiful tonight?" Grant asked smiling.

"Only about a million times. But it's still nice to hear. You clean up nice yourself." I said also smiling even though I hadn't heard from Adam for five months. I looked around. Grant had picked a perfect spot for a night time picnic.

"Ali. I wanted to ask you something." Grant said causing me to look up.

"Sounds serious. What's up?" I ask.

"Alissa. I love you. I know that you just turned eighteen two months ago. But I want to live the rest of life with you. I'd be honored if you would become my wife. Alissa will you marry me?" Grant asked and I felt tears well up in my eyes. I cupped his face with my hands and kissed him. "Is that a yes?" Grant asked when I pulled away from the kiss.

"Yes. I love you Grant." I said smiling as he pulled out a small black box. He flipped it open and a small diamond flickered in the moonlight. He reached for my hand. He slipped the diamond on my finger and kissed me again.

"You ready to go to the hospital now?" Grant asked me after a couple minutes of kissing. I nodded putting the left over food back into the basket. Then, folded up the blanket. We walked hand in hand back to his new truck. When we got to the hospital he walked with me to my dad's room. "I need a couple of minutes." I said and he smiled and nodded. Then walked down the hall.

"Dad. Still no word from Adam. But I have good news. I'm engaged. Although you probably know that already." I said holding his hand.

"You could've waited until you were older. But I approve of your fiance." Dad said and I looked down in shock.

"Dad." I said my voice wavering.

"Love you, sweetheart." Dad said smiling up at me. I leaned down and hugged him tight. There was a quiet knock at the door. I turned and saw Grant standing there.

"What's wrong?" Grant asked running to me once he saw the tears running down my face.

"Nothing is wrong. It's right. Dad is awake." I said and Grant's eyes widened with worry.

"Hi, Mr. Sinclair. I'm Grant Smith. I am your daughters fiance. I hope that we have your blessing." Grant said.

"I know. You do. And you are a fine boy." Dad said as the doctors came in and swarmed around Dad making us leave.

"I love you." Grant said giving me a hug. I smiled everything was finally falling back into place. Well everything but Adam.