Chapter 5 - Meeting Sang

Owen POV 

After the meeting the whole family sans Axel, Marc, Corey and Kota gathered in the kitchen. It warms my heart to see how far we've all come as a family. When the Toma team joined us it was an adjustment but within the first month it felt as if we had been a family for years. The Ashley Waters is going to be a long and difficult one but it will bring us much closer. We will be together pretty much all of the time excluding small side missions and a few of the guys checking in on their normal occupations. 

Tonight's topic of conversation seems to be revolving around one topic - Sang. I don't know her yet, but this little bird seems to be causing quite a stir in all of my brothers. A positive one if conversations are anything to go by. Even Raven and North are discussing her together and they have a very unusual relationship. If they can come together positively than I think she may be more special than we realize yet. I won't lie and say I wasn't interested in how Brandon was describing her. I may hide behind the emotionless mask I wear most of the time but I am still a red blooded american male and she sounded absolutely marvelous. I'm interested in seeing how we are going to integrate her into our lives but with 14 of us, it can be fairly simple to have her be around us most days. I wonder how old she is? Brandon seems to think she's just a couple of years younger than us. Probably the younger boys age. I wonder is she will be going to Ashley Waters? That will make things..... complicated. But that could also help motivate the guys to keep this mission going. I'm pulled out of my musings by my phone vibrating.

Kota Lee: We are bringing the neighbor for dinner. Please prepare another place setting. 

Me: Will do Mr. Lee. Can you provide me information on our new neighbor?

Kota Lee: You may all be surprised. ETA 10 mins

Hmm interesting. Kota always gives me information when I ask. We may need to vet our neighbor. 

"Mr. Taylor JR, Kota just informed me we will be having the neighbor over for dinner. Please make sure we have enough food. Mr. Coleman please set another place setting. Everyone lets make sure we be cordial but I would like to keep our ears open. I find it strange we have a new neighbor in an Academy neighborhood and no one seems to know where this person came from." I inform the rest of my brother.

"Oy! Do you know what the persons name is?" Gabriel Coleman shouts.

"No Mr. Coleman. Kota just informed me. ETA 5 mins. Lets wait here in the kitchen to not overwhelm whoever is arriving with our brothers."

Everyone goes back to their tasks but I can sense an underlying tension. It isn't often we have guests for dinner and never do we have guests that aren't one of the brothers immediate family. With both North and Luke in the kitchen preparing dinner, Raven, Brandon, Nathan, Silas, and Sean sitting at the kitchen bar, Victor and Gabriel hovering in the kitchen trying to find something to do and myself standing in the corner observing everyone, we here the door open and everyone's head snaps to the kitchen entrance. We first notice Axel and Corey in front with Marc and Kota trailing behind but from what I can see, there is no guest.

"Mr. Toma where is our guest?" I ask with suspicion. 

"Oh, your guest is right here." I hear a voice of a sultry angel say. A small woman steps out from behind Corey and I hear from everyone including myself take a sharp breath in. Shes exquisite, tiny, long blonde wavy hair, wide green eyes that sparkle but hold something deeper in them and pouty lips that look good enough to eat. Wait, where did that come from? Owen control yourself. Why does she seem familiar?

"Munchkin. What are you doing here?" Brandon pops up from his seat and barrels through everyone to hug her. And I feel a pang of jealousy about there familiarity with each other. When he reaches her, he spins her and she laughs. The most beautiful sound I've ever heard.