» synopsis & characters «

Tasha just wants to see the world.

For this high school senior, 18-year-old Tasha Aquino craves something more than what her entertainment hub of a home has to offer. As an avid free runner, she's addicted to the rush and adrenaline of propelling herself from street to street; rooftop to rooftop. Tasha's mind oscillates at a peculiar frequency when she's gallivanting through Los Angeles, but dreams of an escapade that extends farther than California itself.

Then one day it happens.

During an evening in May, Tasha finally acquires her chance at an adventure. However it comes at a deadly price, and her seemingly uneventful life is launched into pandemonium. When her younger sister is kidnapped before her eyes, Tasha receives an eerie phone call from a rogue group of intelligence, and learns the abduction wasn't an unfortunate incident — it's part of a deeper, complex plot.

When people in Tasha's life step up to assist her, she slowly learns that these people aren't here by accident. Instead, they are specialized agents, purposely established in her life for particular moments like these. One agent includes the King of Douchebags, Harry Styles Kitson. An obsession with Kombutcha and baking, this green-eyed tech savvy operative has a tainted private life, furthering Tasha's distrust for the man she must cooperate with.

With Tasha's sister still missing, the only way to get her back is to follow a specific set of instructions. Using the specialized skills she's been honing since a child, the rules are very simple to understand.

Follow the commands, and no one dies.

As Tasha executes the tasks, each more difficult than the last, she begins to uncover disheartening truths about her father. With each mission, Tasha must chuck her pride aside and put her faith in Harry, because if she wants to save her sister, they have to save her together.

For a girl who's been raised to be tenacious and independent, learning how to accept the help of others is an expedition all on its own. To the world, Tasha may seem like an ordinary Filipino girl just trying to get by. But beneath the floral lotion and pushup bra, is a ferocious, ass-kicking machine. She doesn't just keep up with the boys, she surpasses them. Tasha is everything but a princess who needs saving. She's strong, she's relentless, she's dope.

◌ ◌

» natasha "tasha" aquino «