32 ⇢ June And Amanda

thirty-two ◌ june and amanda

thirty-two june and amanda

The thunderstorm lasted throughout the weekend which meant Harry and I stayed indoors. His fear of thunder and lightning didn't subside, and it seemed like Harry's demeanor changed from independent to clingy. As long as mother nature roared across the sky, the curly headed boy stayed by my side. However, when Monday came around and the murky outdoors restored itself into its normal summer paradise, Harry and I were back in separate areas of the villa.

Scarfing down avocado toast and oatmeal, I sat contently on the floor while watching random television shows on some random channel. As I tuned in to some documentary-style program about white dudes capturing king crabs on the Bering Sea, Harry sat in silence at the kitchen counter. His concentration was unyielding as his eyes latched onto the laptop before him.

"So, is it possible for you to actually graduate on time?" I asked, swallowing a spoonful of oatmeal. I turned my head to look at Harry who continued to stare at his laptop screen.

"Realistically," Harry began with defeated sigh, pivoting his body in the chair to gaze at me with a look of disappointment mixed with frustration. "No. Even if I finish every assignment, I still wouldn't be able to take the in-class final examinations."

My heart paused for a moment as I gazed at Harry with guilt. A frown formed on my face and before I realized what my body was doing, it was already standing up from the carpeted floor and shuffling its way over to the curly-headed university student. I stood next to Harry and unexpectedly found myself hugging him. His face melted into my warm stomach, and I ran my fingers through his tangled locks of hair. Harry's arms snaked its way around my waist and held onto me like I were a security blanket— like we were back in my bed, and I was sheltering him from the thunder storm.

"I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry," I apologized, my words falling out of my mouth with great remorse.

"For what?" Harry lifted his head from my torso and smirked. "Tash, it's not you who put me in this unfortunate predicament."

"Dude, don't do that," I sighed, playfully pushing him away, however the second his body temperature unfastened itself from mine, I disliked the coldness it brought.

"Don't do what?" Harry lifted an eyebrow.

"You know what," I challenged. "You know perfectly well that you'd be graduating on time if you weren't galavanting around the world trying to stop some stupid rogue group."

"I've told you a million times before and I will say it again: we all knew what we were getting ourselves into," Harry reiterated matter-of-factly.

I let out a scoff, rolling my eyes at Harry's statement that rang too familiar for me. He was right— he and Niall and Liam had all told me about a dozen times before that they knew what they were getting themselves into. But hearing it over and over again didn't make this truth any easier to accept. If anything, it only made me angry.