17 ⇢ Gates To Hell

seventeen ◌ gates to hell

seventeen gates to hell

Midnight came quickly.

Before I knew it, I was slipping on black pants and throwing my hair into a ponytail at the nape of my neck. In silence, the boys were stuffing their backpacks with heist essentials, and I was doing basic stretches off to the side. My body was still shot; throbbing with pain and having to fight through it was going to take a ridiculous amount of mental strength.

"Are you all ready to go?" Liam asked, throwing on his backpack. I nodded in response, slipping on a bullet proof vest.

"Should we review?" Niall suggested, looking up from his backpack resting at the edge of the bed.

"Good idea," Liam agreed with a nod of his head. "I'll start. There are five night guards on duty in sparse areas of the bank. It'll be on me to locate them and shoot their asses with elephant tranquilizer. Har-"

"Wait a second," I interjected with wonder. "Did you just say, elephant tranquilizer? Where the hell did you get your hands on that?"

"Harry developed it for me," Liam shrugged nonchalantly.

When I looked at the curly-headed boy who was strapping on his bullet proof vest, his arm muscles flexing with each click of a buckle, I stared in silence. Noticing the lack of vocal sound around him, Harry's head slowly lifted. He scanned the room and narrowed in his brows.

"What?" He spoke, eyeing us with lifted brows.

"You can develop elephant tranquilizer," I mentioned with curiosity.

"I like chemistry," Harry declared, responding to my statement with indifference. "And brewing a simple tranq is nothing of my full capabilities. You'll see tonight."

Harry winked at me, and I scoffed at the gesture. I shook my head from the cockiness exuding from the boy, to which he responded with a giggle.

"What's so funny?" I asked, sounding more annoyed than necessary.

"I know what you're thinking," Harry stated confidently, as if taunting me with his knowledge.

"And what is it that I'm thinking of?" I challenged with disbelief.

"If I can concoct a poison that can knock out an animal as massive as an elephant," he started. "Then I can surely put together a date rape drug."

Harry was good. I still didn't trust him and he knew that. Every little 'impressive' talent of his, only gave me another piece of evidence that swayed me towards what I liked to call, 'the allegiance theory'— the notion that Harry's loyalties lie somewhere else.

"Continuing on," Liam sensed the tension in the room and switched the topic. "Niall, job."

"I'm on security duty. Disabling the system and all CCTV cameras, then guiding Harry and Tasha through the underground tunnels," Niall stated with a sense of self-assurance. "Tasha, what about you?"