29 ⇢ Welcome To Momi Bay

twenty-nine ◌ welcome to momi bay

twenty-nine welcome to momi bay

The moment my feet touched ground level, I almost licked it. Being in a plane for several hours seriously took a toll on my body, and my sleeping cycle was shot. It felt like early morning, but the environment around me was kissed with darkness. Where I expected the sun, was a crescent shaped moon instead, surrounded by flecks of twinkling lights, and its reflection danced across the dark ocean.

Serenity captivated this island as Harry and I walked across the pavement in between the many beach side villas on Momi Bay, Fiji. Our feet trudged down the pathway, Harry several paces in front of me, while he and I followed one of the employees of this paradise resort. The calming sound of crashing waves filled my ears, as its equally soothing oceanic air ticked my nostrils. So far away from a huge city, this island sat on the opposite end of the spectrum.

"And here we are Mr. and Mrs. Beckett." The sun-kissed employee turned on his heel, brandishing his arms towards a villa at the end the strip.

The island-inspired hut fit well within its tropical atmosphere, and I a let out a small smile in respect. The gorgeous arched rooftop and simple white exteriors radiated minimalism, however as we stepped into this long-stay chateau, it was anything but. My jaw dropped when the employee flicked on the lights, and the stunning interior materialized before us.

"Whoa," I breathed, taking in the luxury apartment.

Hardwood floors in bamboo gray, marble tabletops, and golden fixtures all embellished our home away from home with an elegant touch. When Harry booked our new living arrangements, I expected a grimy motel in a dodgy area of town. But this— this, was nothing short of paradise.

"Thank you so much. We can take it from here," Harry smiled at the employee, handing him a few bills. The man happily took the tip, bowing his head in appreciation.

"I humbly hope you enjoy your honeymoon," the employee bowed his head again, and let himself out the front door.

"I'm assuming our new identities require us to be newlyweds?" I commented as I continued to observe the main living space, dabbling with the random trinkets.

"Yea, it wouldn't make too much sense otherwise," Harry simply explained. "The people who normally come here are couples, wedding parties, girls trip excursions, or families on vacation."

"You can take the room if you want. I don't mind sleeping on the couch," I offered, plopping down on the large, white sofa. I looked over to glance at Harry, who stood in the small kitchen area with his body leaned against the marble countertop.

"There are two rooms," Harry informed, holding his pointer and middle finger up in the air. "Accidental upgrade or something."

He shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to point his fingers on either side of the living room.