26 ⇢ Revelations In Toulouse

twenty-six ◌ revelations in toulouse

twenty-six revelations in toulouse

Mother nature painted a mesmerizing canvas across the entire sky. I stared at the melting colors of pinks and oranges, fusing together so beautifully, I almost forgot about the tragedy that plagued us. Golden rays twisted through the breaks of the silk-woven clouds, and kissed my cheeks with its warmth. Early mornings were never my favorite part of the day, but during this train ride to Toulouse instigated an appreciation for sunup.

"Hey, I got you some tea."

The seat directly in front of me filled up, as a steaming paper cup rested atop the table in-between the two cushioned chairs. I darted my eyes from the wisps of vapor dancing right above the lid's lip, to a pair of forest green eyes staring straight at me.

"You should probably drink that till we're able to grab a substantial meal," Harry advised. He opened up his laptop in front of him, and started to maneuver his fingers across the keyboard.

My hands reached for the cup, the heat of the liquid inside permeating through the paper material and warming up my hands like a supple touch. I brought it to my lips and slowly tilted the beverage into my mouth. It was soothing as it dripped down my throat, and filled my stomach.

From the corner of my eye, I caught glimpse of a figure strolling past and when I turned my head to fully glance at it, I found Liam. Without acknowledging either Harry or I, he walked quickly by and took his seat several rows behind us. I interpreted his distance as playing it safe, but I knew Liam was still on edge about everything.

"Harry."

When his name fell out of my mouth, with a voice so soft and a tone so dismal, I initially didn't realize it was me. But when Harry lifted his eyes and altered his focus from the laptop to me, did I understand that I had indeed created a conversation.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

I didn't respond right away. I tried, mind you, but every time I opened my mouth to speak I couldn't find the words. I just stared and stared at this seemingly innocent boy before me, with his head full of curls hidden beneath a grey beanie.

"What's going on?" Harry asked, gazing at me with complete wonder.

"I'm sorry," I murmured, my voice unexpectedly cracking.

"Sorry for what?"

"Everything."

The tears welling in my eyes rushed down my cheeks all so suddenly, and instead of trying to cease them, I just let it happen. I felt so undeniably vulnerable and exposed that my emotions had no fucking clue how to react. I've always had the mental strength to shove myself past the challenging times, but I came to realize that there's only so much someone could take.