9 ⇢ Harry, The Uber Nerd

nine ◌ harry, the über nerd

nine harry, the über nerd

I was immersed in the same dream from the previous night. While part of me was thankful for the lack of nightmares as I slept, the other half however, wished to be attacked with terror. What I hated the most about having peaceful dreams, was the moment right after when my eyes finally opened. Waking up from a dream so sweet where my soul was submerged in a sublime world, meant it was only an illusion. It meant that each time I woke up, I woke up with a broken heart.

With a delicate touch, my body shook lightly as warm air fanned across my cheek. Groggily, I slowly opened one eye, emerging myself from the inside of a soft blanket. Niall stood above me with a grin on his face, and a can of Redbull in his hand. I glanced at the digital clock sitting on the bedside table, and groaned at the time. It was ten minutes till 2AM, which meant it was time to embark on my first task.

"Sorry Tasha, but it's time to get up," Niall smiled. He hovered above me with elation beaming from his body as he handed me the energy drink. It was cold to the touch, and when I lifted the tin can to my lips, the sour liquid was arctic down my throat.

"How are you awake and so happy?" I asked. My words spewed out of my mouth with more of an annoyed tone than I had intended.

Niall softly chuckled, taking no offense. "I haven't slept, yet. I'll sleep when we're done with the mission."

"Where's Beckham Jr. and the asshat?"

"Downstairs in the parking garage loading up."

"Okay, alright. I can do this," I nodded reluctantly. "Let me just throw some cold water on my face and chug this thing."

"No worries, I'll wait for you in the living room," Niall walked out the door, leaving me to get ready by myself.

I turned on the main light of the master bedroom, taking in the classy decoration that matched the aesthetic of the main area of the apartment. While I offered to sleep on the couch, not wanting to be anymore of a bothersome than I already was, Liam insisted I take his bedroom. I will admit, I was glad he did, because the tattooed street fighter had quite the sophisticated bed chamber. With a memory foam mattress, and four incredibly fluffy pillows, my short slumber was more than sweet-- it was heavenly.

After submerging my face in a sink full of freezing water, I quickly replaced my fuzzy shorts with a pair of black jeans. I then threw on a black long sleeved shirt, and plopped a black beanie atop my messy head of black hair. When I peered at myself in the mirror, I stifled a laugh— I seriously looked like I was in some cheesy heist movie, but I digress. With my backpack on, I flipped off the light switch and met Niall in the living room.

"Ready?" Niall stood up from the couch when he noticed me appear from the darkness of the hallway. It was then did I take note of the all-black attire adorning his body as well.