PREFACE

"You're our mate."

"Obviously." I glance between these two goofballs as we sit at the cafe near their college. I've never been in Cambridge, Massachusetts; but I never knew it was this cold.

"You're our mate. Just wanted to clarify. Right Reed?"

"Right on." They smile, and I roll my eyes as I look to my side. Sighing as I clear my throat.

"Hey you two!! Don't eat the snow!" I yell at my twins as they drop the snow that was edged near their trembling lips.

"Oh let them be! When I was their age I loved to eat snow. The yellow snow tasted like pineapple." Sawyer says, and I look off as I hope he's joking.

"I like a man." We jump, seeing Niko rush towards us as he grabs Reeds drink, drinking the rest of the hot chocolate in one gulp.

I don't know how to respond to this. I get it. I Mate with the twins and have twins with them. Yet...I still thought that Niko had somewhat of his feelings still geared towards me... All I can say is...

"...what...?"

"Yes I know," Niko sits beside me as he runs his fingers through his hair covered in melted snowflakes, "The Niko Grey likes a black man."

"He's black too!" My voice louder than it should have been and more in shock than it should have been. Niko rolls his eyes, chewing his lip as he smacks his hand on the table.

"I am not gay though! I promise you! I. Am. Not. Gay!" He pronounced every syllable in his words, trying to make us really believe he wasn't gay.

"Then why you tryin' to get yourself some man chocolate?" Sawyer asks, his voice coming out in a Boston accent.

"Oh shut it Sawyer! You have to be there."

"We go to the same college. Hello? Harvard University? All three of us see each other all the time. Is it that kid who came from Brooklyn and conquered through all the crap in his life and made it to Harvard? Lucas?" When Reed asks this Nikos face lit up, nodding excitedly as his hand hit the table wildly over and over again.

"Yes that Lucas! I like him." He says bluntly, suddenly Reed and Sawyer laughing wildly as Niko glares at them. I shake my head, looking back towards my babies to see them making a mud snow...lump?

"Why are you both laughing at him this is serious." I said, Sawyer rubbing a fake tear off his eyes as he looks at me.

"We're laughing because Niko and Lucas always argue. Always cussing at one another and can't have one sentence with one another without one cuss word in it. I thought for sure that Niko and Lucas hated one another-."

"Do not say such bull in front of me!" He bursts, and I slap his arm as he knows why. Because of the twins. "I am sorry Clover, but they don't even know! I refuse to hear them say such...poop! Lucas and I are alike-."

"Hah! I'll believe it when pigs fly!" Sawyer interrupts, snorting as Nikos face is red.

"You'll be seein' pigs flying alright when my fist makes its way onto your-."

"Okay, calm down Mr. Pottymouth." I roll my eyes at the immaturity, seeing that they didn't change while I was gone." Tell us. How are you both...alike."

These two told me that this Lucas is from Brooklyn, went through a hard life, and conquered his way into one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Niko...I don't see it. Niko got here because of his last name - no offense to him.

"Him and I are alike because we both don't take crap from others. He's good looking, so am I. We cuss, a lot. We can read one another quickly. And we both are good with the ladies and-."

"Niko!" I jolt when I hear a booming voice echo throughout the cafe. I look up, seeing a caramel skinned man with a few tattoos and some swagger going on stomp towards us.

"Lucas!" Niko stands quickly, and I can't see where this is going. Niko was just about to pee himself talking about him but now he's suddenly mad at him?

"What the hell did I say about fucking in my dorm then just leaving the condom on the floor. I don't want to fucking see that!" Lucas shouts, stares all around as I see my twins aren't paying any mind to it. Just in case I sent Sawyer and Reed outside to distract them.

"I didn't fuck anyone you womanizer! That's your condom that I got off my side of the room and threw it onto your side to see how fucking filthy your ass is!" Niko shouts back, Lucas glaring at Niko and I don't think he likes him.

"Oh go fuck yourself! I'm the cleanest bitch you'll ever meet!"

"Ha! In your dreams you tall ass lunatic!"

I watch them go on and on and I don't know where I can come in and calm this down. It's obvious everyone in here is too scared to stop it themselves.

But on Nikos note, Lucas is tall. Taller than the twins it seems. I think as tall as Edward. Not sure.

As they yell I stand, Lucas eyes diverting to me as he silenced mid-sentence. Niko looks at me, his face softening.

"Niko, who's this?" Lucas asks, smirking as Niko rolls his eyes.

"Someone who has kids with those twins." He says, Lucas looking outside to see them playing with the other two.

"Damn it...! Anyway, Niko next time you see one, just throw it away. Later." Lucas turned around as he walked off, Nikos face becoming pink instantly as Lucas was out the door.

"That argument gave me such a rush I can't explain it!" Niko blushed, and I raised my eyebrows as the twins headed in with the little twins in their arms.

"That didn't make you uncomfortable one bit? Are you sure you like him?"

"As sure as I'll ever be! And he likes me too."

"Umm..." I scratch my neck, not wanting to break it for him but...that Lucas kid looked like a piece of work to me.

Men these days.

****

How was this so far?

This is just the Preface. But I hope this is to your liking. I want you to know this is NOTHING like the other book and it'll be on and off from Clover to Niko. You'll hear about Yale and Edward here and there, so,

How was it? I luv critique.

Luv ya!!!!!!!!!😜😁😘