Chapter 1

Arthur's P.O.V
"Good morning sire" Merlin says to me as he opens up the curtains. I always love it when Merlin wakes me up each morning with that big grin on his face. I feel like I could look at that grin all day... but of course I wouldn't because that would be strange. But I noticed that I keep looking at that grin on his face as he handed me my breakfast, he looked happier than usual but how am I supposed to know I'm always half asleep in the morning.

"What's with that grin on your face" I say with food in my mouth. "Grinning I'm not grinning" Merlin says while trying to hide his smile. " Yes you are it going from ear to ear".

" Now if you don't tell me what your so happy about I might as well pour this glass of water on you so you'll tell me"I sat as his grin disappears.

" You don't know" he says with a surprise look "no that's why I'm asking you" I say annoyed. "Tomorrow is your birthday, and your father is having a big celebration" I can tell how excited he is about this.

"Woah I almost forgot about my own birthday" Merlin and I start to laugh I really love the way he laugh, every time he laughs I can't help he but to laugh with him.

Merlins P.O.V
Arthur always knows how to make me laugh even if he is not trying to. I remember the time when Arthur tried putting on his armor by himself and ended up breaking a vase.

But Arthur still doesn't know why I was grinning so much it's not because it's his birthday, it's because of what I got him for his birthday. I got him a silver ring that has the word king carved into it, and I know he's not King yet but he is going to be King someday the best King there ever was.

As Arthur and I were laughing his father King Uther walked in. "Good morning my son"  he says walking over to were Arthur is siting."Father you don't normally come in here, what is it" Arthur says with a confused look on his face I could tell that he was worried by his beautiful blue

"I came to you that I will be having a big celebration for you birthday tomorrow" I don't think I have seen Uther this happy in a long time. "I know Merlin already told" Arthur says as he looks up at me with those beautiful blue eyes

"Well at least I know you servant is doing a good getting the news to you" he say with a little disappointment on he face because he probably wanted to give Arthur the news about his birthday.

"He has a name father" Arthur started to look a little angry. Is he standing up of me, but it's not that big of a deal. "I know he has a name his name is Merlin but if I want to call him servant I will do so" then Uther stormed out of the room.

"I'm sorry Merlin but you know my father he does what he wants and doesn't care about anybody else" Arthur said this with the look of what looked like sadness on his face.I didn't want to see Arthur said so I had to think of something.

"It's alright Arthur, I am a servant anyway" I said I hopes that he won't be as sad as he was. "I know I just wish that he would use your name more often" he looked less sad now but I could tell that he was trying to be strong

"Well.... we have a lot of work to do before tomorrow" I tried changing the subject.
"Like what kind of work" Arthur said while starting to shove food into his mouth.

" We have to chose what you will be wearing tomorrow for the celebration" I said while trying to look away from him because I though if I looked at him I would start blushing because he just stood up against his father for me.

"I think I'll just wear my usual party attire, but Merlin what will you be wearing" as he finish he's sentence she started laughing and I wonder why but I don't think I want to know.

"Me i'll just wear what are usually wear" I said still trying to not look at Arthur. "You all ways wear the same thing" he said with an apple in his mouth.

"No I do not, some times I wear a blue shirt with a red scarf, and other times I wear a red shirt with a blue scarf" I still try not to look at Arthur as his walked up to me as I look thought his clothes.

"No I think you should wear the the royal servant party attire, you know the one with the feather hat HAHA" I dropped all the clothes I was holding because I knew exactly what he was talking about and I hated it.

Hey guys it's me the author I hope you are enjoying the story and if you are tell me because I would love to hear what you have to say and what you want to see in the future, and there will be more to come I promise see you next time bye