Chapter 10

Merlin's P.O.V

So today is Morgana's first day of magic training. I don't know if I should be scared or excited for this. She shows a lot of potential so I hope that she catches up easily. I asked her to meet me in the forest so that no one will see us.

It was a lot harder then you think to go to the woods. It just seems like Arthur keeps giving me more and more work. Sometimes I think that he's inventing chores.

I found the perfect time to escape and go into the forest. Arthur had a meeting with if father and those always last forever so I took my chance. I had to make sure that no one would see me. If they saw me leave the castle they might tell Arthur and I don't want to explain that.

No one should notice me though because everyone is getting ready for a big tournament coming up. Camelot holds one every year and they thought that since the battle is over it's just what the people need to cheer up. But for a servant it's a lot of work. There's cleaning,decorating, people come from all over to participate it's really a lot of work.

I will admit though it is kind of fun to watch. Arthur has won every year though but I'm not complaining. They always throw a feast for the winner. I always have to serve at it but I enjoy seeing Arthur so happy. Especially after then battle he just doesn't seem as happy as he usually is. Well I hope that the tournament will raise his spirits.

       As I walked down the hall I ran into Gwen Morgana's maid. "Merlin what are you doing" she was carrying a basket full of laundry that I can only guess is Morgana's. " I'm uuumm" oh shoot I have to think of something quick so she doesn't question it. " Well ... I'm.... going to the market to get bread" that was actually the dumbest thing I could have ever said. I suck at coming up with excuses that why Arthur always thinks I'm in the tavern.

       "... well have a save trip the" then Gwen walked away. I couldn't believe that she actually fell for that but then again she did look very busy. So I continue to walked down the steps into the court yard. I snuck around the wagons to make sure that no one spotted me. When I knew I was out of sight I went straight into the forest. I walked for about 10 minuets it so before I found Morgana.

       "What took you so long" Morgana said looking concerned. " Its hard trying to sneak out with out someone following you". And with that she gave me a nod and walked towards me. " So what are you going to teach me first" she said this with a look of curiosity. I started to get excited because this is the first time I was ever able to show anyone my magic.

       " okay so we should start with the basics first" " and what's that". " The first thing I learned was how to levitate something so I assume that's basic, so let's start small look at that stick over there and try to lift it with you mind sometimes using your hand helps to".

       I watched as she tried to lift up the stick. At first nothing happened but then it started to move. " Merlin I think I'm doing it" she looked over at me with pure joy. But once she took her eye off of the stick it flew over and hit me in the head full forces.

      " ah Merlin are you alright I didn't mean to" she ran over as fast as she could. " Morgana it's really alright much worse has happened to me I can assure you that" I just laughed it off.

       " That just means you need more practice" and with that we both stood up and continued practicing. With every attempt we did she got better and better. But the I heard something like a cracking in the woods coming towards us. I just paused what I was doing and looked over to where the noise was coming from. 

       When I looked I saw a shadow of a person. When hey knew I saw them they walked forward. Who ever this person was they definitely saw us doing magic and that sent shivers down my spine. " uuuumm are you doing magic" and with that I heard the voice and saw the face of Gwen.

I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter sorry they're coming out late but it's the end of the school year and my teachers decided to give us lots of homework