Chapter 2

Arthur's P.O.V
My father always has a festival for my birthday it's always the same thing. Meeting Kings,Queens,Princes,and Princesses from other kingdoms. Why can't I just go hunting on my birthday, nothing like killing a deer for a birthday present.

Now that I'm thinking about it, where's Merlin the celebration is in two hours and I haven't seen him all day. Knowing Merlin he's probably at the tavern.

I don't need Merlin I can put on a shirt by myself. Ok Arthur you can do this its not that hard, if you can slay a dragon you can put on a stupid shirt.

Great, Arthur you have been trying to put this shirt on for about half an hour and now your stuck well time for my last idea "MMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN"

Merlin's P.O.V
I was just walking up to Arthur's chambers when out of no were "MMMMMMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN"

"Arthur what is it I was right outside the door it sound as if you were dying." But when I walked around the corner I see Arthur, the future king, stuck.... in a shirt.

"HAHAHAHAHAH what were you trying to do" "if you can't tell I was trying to put on a shirt because you were lazy and didn't come all day." I could tell that Arthur was angry with me but I couldn't help it he look so ridiculous.

I walk over to help Arthur with his shirt situation and tried my hardest not to laugh at him. I'm glad that I'm Arthur's servant even tho I don't show it much he's my best friend, but I wish he was more than my friend.

"Merlin is something wrong" I look up at Arthur in confusion "why would you say that" "because you face is all red".

I freaked out just realizing how much I was blushing. I looked down at my feet trying to think of something say "oh it's nothing I just have a bit of a cold". That was an awful lie but I hope Arthur bought it.

"Oh well then if that's the case you should see Gaius I'm sure he has something for that" I think Arthur bought my lie but I'm not sure if it.

Just before I left his room I remembered the present I had for him and I thought that it would be better to give it to him now."Arthur before I go see Gaius I have a present for you" "Merlin you didn't have to get me a present".

"I know but I wanted to, here go ahead and open it" as I handed the small blue box to Arthur, chills went down my spine because I was nervous what if he didn't like it what if  he gets the wrong idea just so many thoughts going through my head.

Arthur's P.O.V

Merlin didn't have to get me any but I could see the excitement in his face. As I opened the small blue box I saw a ring with the words King engraved on it. I could feel my face start to blush but tried to hide it. I looked upped and saw a worried look on Merlins face "Do you not like it...". "I absolutely love it Merlin, I've never had any thing like this thank you." I saw that the worried look on Merlins face changed into a more happy look, and he had that little grin of his.

"I was hoping you would like it" Merlin said with relief on his voice. I put it on my finger and it fit perfectly, I loved the way it felt on my finger. But then I remember that Merlin was feeling sick and should go see Gaius before the feast so that he will be able to be there.

"Well Merlin you probably should go see Gaius so that you will be ready for the feast tonight" I didn't want Merlin to leave I wanted to find a better way to thank him than just saying thank you but I couldn't think of one.

"Your right I don't want to be sick for the feast" then Merlin got up and walked to the door.But just before he walked out of the door he turned over to look at me "I'm glad you like your ring my future King, I'll see you at the feast tonight". Then he closed the doors and left.

Merlins P.O.V

Why did you have to say that you were sick you could have said you were sunburnt. Now I have about an hour of nothing to do but have to make sure that I'm out of Arthur's way.

Oh what I could just go a practice my magic I can't get any worse. So I got to my chamber a picked up my book and flipped to a random page. I looked at the page that I was on and it was a spell that could knock someone out. Ummm that could be useful from time to time.

I practice until I heard the bells that told me the feast was starting. I had to rush down to get there before most of our guest got there first. I know that Arthur's told my to put on those dress robes with the stupid hat but I knew he was only joking.

I got into the hall were they where having the feast just in time. Every one was enjoying them selves and so was I, I didn't get to talk to Arthur because most of our guests wanted to talk to him but I got to talk to Morgana.

I really enjoy talking to Morgana I would say that she's my best after Arthur of course. We mainly just talked about who we thought was the riches and who we though drank to much cider. We both settled that Uther looked the riches and Gwaine had to much cider.We both also talked to Gwen for a little bit but the one of the guards came running into the room.

"Sire they have come they've broken in and their coming straight for the castle" Uther started looking worried. "Who has come" every could hear that Uthers voice sounded angry. "We don't know sire but we think they have the means to kill" the Knight started to sound scared in his voice. "Get all the Knights you have every if you can fight you must we must protect the kingdom" now I was starting to fell scared the plate that I was holding was now smashed on the ground and Morgana was looking at me with fear in her eyes. When I looked all I could see through the the running people was Arthur's grabbing his sword and standing his grounds I the middle of the room. All I could think to my self was how and why would this happen Camelot has no enemies at this moment, but they might have a new one soon to come.

A/n
I hope that you enjoy this story and I'm so sorry for the kind of cliff hanger and I will write the next chapter as soon as I can
And thank every one whose reading my story I really appreciate and hope to see you next time good bye.