Chapter 5

Merlin's P.O.V

We're carrying Arthur up the starts and the halls. I just keep thinking to myself why does the physicians chambers have to be on the other side of the castle. Morgana and I finally make it to the physicians chamber. I kicked the door opened with my foot because we had to get in there as quick as we could.

Morgana looked at me "where's Gaius." "He's in the thrown room healing the wounded" I say giving Morgana reassurance. Then she says with worry in her voice "wait.......then why are we bringing Arthur here and not to the thrown room."

I look up at her "because if we were in the thrown room I wouldn't be able to do this." I could tell that she knew exactly what I meant when I said this. She backed away from Arthur and I looked up at her and said "just promise me that you won't tell Arthur about this.....about my magic."

"Merlin I said that I wouldn't tell anyone that includes not telling Arthur" "ya I know, just checking."

I take my focus off of Morgana and back onto Arthur. I hope this works, I don't what I'll do if this doesn't work, Merlin stop thinking that and focus on healing Arthur. I moved my hands so that they were on top of Arthur's wound and started chanting a spell that Gaius had taught me.

"Ek tay inokt embl tok tigh yon" I removed my hands off of Arthur's wound as I slowly disappear into his normal skin. I just about crawled into the chair siting next to the table that Arthur was on.

"Merlin are you alright, you looked like you were about to faint" Morgana said with worry in her eyes. I looked up at her "don't worry about me, healing spells take a lot of my energy, I should be fine in about 5 minuets." After I was done talking I looked back down at Arthur.

Morgana sat in the chair across the table that Arthur was laying on. "So does all magic take this much energy out of you" I could hear the nervousness in her voice. "Magic always takes energy out of me but usually I have to do about 20 spells before I start feeling low on energy. But healing spells that the most energy out of me, so I might just do one and depending on how bad the wound I'm healing is I could pass out."

Morgana looked shocked "have you ever passed out before" "no but I've almost it just depends on what Arthur gets himself into." She looked at me with a confused look "so you only heal Arthur." "No I heal other people but Arthur is always first" I say without taking my eyes off of Arthur.

"Your telling me that you go through all this trouble to tack care of Arthur and he doesn't even know about it" she says with a little bit of anger in her voice. "Yes, and I don't just heal him and watch over him,I protect him, I fight battles with him, I would even give up my life for him,but I never get a thank you." There was a short silence, then Morgana looked up at me and said.

"Merlin why do you do this, why do you go and risk your life for him when he doesn't even say thank you" I could hear that there was more anger in her voice than before.

I finally looked up at her and said "I do this because it's my destiny to protect Arthur, it's my destiny to help him unite the lands of Albion he's the once and future king after all, and no one can know that I have magic because Uther will most likely have me burned at the stake and I can't protect Arthur if I'm dead can I, and Arthur can't know because I don't know how he'll take it what his reaction will be like, so that's why I do this."

There was silence between us for a while, the Morgana looked at me with a grin on her face. "Are you sure that's the only reason you protect Arthur" I looked up at her with confusion "ya that's the only reason......what other reason would there be." I started to feel uncomfortable about the question she asked and I don't know why.

She look at me with that grin on her face "the other reason answers it self." I don't know what she's talking about "how does it answer its self?" She look at me with still that silly little grin, geez that grin makes me feel like she's looking inside my mind and reading all my secrets.

"Your blushing, that's how it answers it self" "what, I'm not blushing" "yes you are once you started talking about Arthur you started blushing like crazy." I don't we're she's getting these accusations from "even if I was blushing when I was talking about Arthur which I wasn't, what are you meaning by that?"

"Oh nothing" "wait do you think that I have feeling for Arthur because you couldn't be more wrong sure he's my closest friend but he's also an arrogant clock pole who doesn't do anything for him self." I looked over at her just to see her smiling at me."what are you smiling at I just proved you wrong" "oh Merlin you didn't prove me wrong about anything."

Hello it's me the Author I hope you enjoy reading this story because I enjoy writing it and I'll see you next time bbbbbbbyyyyyyyyeeeeeee