Chapter 1

Alex hid in a bush beneath his love's window. He watched her at her desk as she tried to focus on her homework and not space out, that was a habit of hers. When she started removing her clothing to change into her PJs, Alex averted his gaze. It felt wrong to watch her change.

When he returned his eyes to her she was reading a book in her bed becoming engrossed in the story. He never really understood how someone could become so invested in something like a story. He personally preferred books about useful things, like cookbooks or 'how to' books. Although he couldn't deny the beautiful look his love's eyes got whenever she read.

Alex waited for about a half hour after she put down her book and turned out the light to quietly pick the lock on her window and slip inside, shutting it behind him so she wouldn't get cold. When he moved towards her, the feeling of anxiety from the day sitting in his gut started to lift. Sitting on the ground in front of her bed, he let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding in. He then started to take in the features of her soft face.

Her lips were slightly parted and her pale skin shined in the dim light coming from the window. Her long eyelashes fanned across her cheeks. He raised a hand to brush a strand of her delicate, caramel brown hair out of her face.

After a while of memorizing her face, he slipped his hand underneath one of hers, which was resting palm down on the top of her blankets. He felt himself relax and all his stress leave him as he curled his fingers around hers.

He stayed like this for what felt like hours until he decided it was time to head home. He slipped his hand away from hers and watched as she shifted in her sleep. He loved that she missed his touch.

He slowly bent down and pressed his lips against her forehead, giving her a gentle kiss, before leaving through the window.

•••

Maya woke up the next day to her annoying alarm. Quickly hitting it off, she dragged herself out of her warm bed and stumbled to the bathroom. Suddenly she remembered that today was Friday. A smile grew across her face as she stripped out of her pajamas and hopped into the shower's warm embrace.

After her shower, she wrapped a pink towel around herself. Then walked to her closet and started destroying it, throwing unwanted clothes on the floor around her, trying to find the right outfit.

By the time she found the perfect outfit, a mountain of clothes lay at her feet. "Oops?" She said, stepping away from the giant pile. She quickly changed then looked at herself in the mirror. A light pink top with long sleeves that flowed past her wrist and a lace-up neckline. Matched with a light pair of white, high rise shorts and ankle boots. This was one of her favorite outfits because the shirt didn't hug her curves and the shorts didn't ride up and show off her butt.

Smiling, she went back to the bathroom to finish up. She pulled the top half of her hair into a high ponytail and applied only a light layer of makeup. Checking her phone, she had 15 minutes until she left for school.

Unlike most people, she was happy to be within walking distance from the school because the neighborhood she lived in was very beautiful. There were many lovely gardens, housing beds of colorful flowers. Tulips were her favorites.

She walked into the dining room and sat quietly at the table to wait for breakfast. Her father was reading the newspaper while sipping his coffee. After a minute her mother walked in with a plate full of french toast in one hand and two small jars of jam in the other.

They ate in silence until her mother spoke up,"Maya, your father and I were planning on an evening out tonight, will you be okay on your own?"

Maya quickly came up with a lie to appease her mother,"I'm going over to Aida's house, so I'll be fine." She knew that her mother would worry less if she had plans.

She and her mother had very different values. She tried to please her mother, but her shy nature made it very hard sometimes. This led to many disagreements and Maya's habit of lying. Slowly her and her mother were drifting apart even though she still acts the part of a perfect wife and mother, always baking, cleaning, and fawning over her and her father.

On the other hand, Maya was very close to her father. He was very understanding because he wasn't the most popular kid in school either. He was the only one Maya could really talk to. Although he was usually busy with work.

"Excellent. Are you going to be spending the night?" She asked.

"I don't plan on it." Maya finished and got up to take her plate to the kitchen.

"Alright then. When should I expect you home?" Her mother called, also rising from the table.

"I don't really know, eight at the latest." Maya placed her plate in the dishwasher and grabbed her backpack, hanging by the front door.

"Okay, love you, sweetpea."

"Love you too, bye" and with that Maya slung her bag over her shoulder, closed the door and started her walk to school.

A/N: Please drop a vote if you like the story! It'd make my day!