Chapter 12

While Maya was showering, Alex decided to start breakfast. He felt terrible about locking his love up all day when she was so confused about her situation. Today would be devoted to his love and making her feel comfortable.

While frying the eggs he thought up a list of items he'd need to pick up within the next week, with cash of course. That would be the first thing he'd need to get, cash. Alex rarely used cash, instead, he used a card, but now he would need cash. His monthly allowance was immense even though he had few expenses so in order to make his parents think he was using it he would transfer the extra to another account, an account his parents didn't know about.

He would also need to get her clothes. As much as he likes the idea of her wearing his clothes, she would feel more comfortable in something her size. Thanks to her mother's loud talking when they shopped, or she shopped, Alex had a good idea of her sizes.

Books would also be a necessity to keep her entertained. She would have to stay home while he went to school. Some decorative items would be good too, to make the basement homier. The basement would need to be cleaned and he would need to organize things down there. He was going to take the loveseat and tv in his parents' room and move them to the basement as well.

Alex was removing the eggs from the stove and the bacon from the pan when he heard the water stop rushing through the walls. At the same time, the timer on the biscuits went off. He turned off all the burners, quickly took the biscuits out of the oven, and scrambled up the stairs.

On the last step, his foot caught and he fell forward, catching himself before his face hit the floor. A small giggle caught his ear. He looked up to see his love with her hand over her mouth, trying and failing to hold in her giggles.

Alex found himself chuckling at her childish nature. Once Maya got her laugh out she bit her lip and waited in front of the bathroom door for him. He got up and took in her appearance. His shirt came down past her waist and his shorts ran past her knees. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun but she didn't brush it out. Not brushing her hair was a bad habit Maya had when she was feeling lazy.

Alex held out his hand for Maya and she slowly took it. He led her down the stairs and turned right to the kitchen. To the left was the living room. He gestured Maya to the table and she sat in a chair at it.

After a quiet breakfast of scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and bacon, Alex took Maya across the hall to the living room. "Wait here, I'll be right back." He told her.

~

Maya sat in the living room waiting for Alex to return. She took notice of the closed curtains and the bar across the front door, preventing it from being opened. The furniture looked new and the decor was straight out of a magazine. It didn't feel like a home at all.

Alex returned a minute later with a brush in his hand. "Sit on the couch and face that way." He pointed to the wall on the side of the couch.

Maya did as asked and he sat behind her. He removed the hair tie from her hair and began to brush it. He started at the bottom and was extremely careful not to pull her hair. Even after her hair was all brushed out, he continued to brush mindlessly. It was soothing to Maya. The way he would start at the top and ended at the very tips.

Too soon, he stopped and started braiding her hair, tying it off with her hair tie. "Would you like to watch a movie?" He asked.

"Um, sure."

Alex got up and Maya turned to face the tv. Absentmindedly she started to play with her braid. He returned next to her with a remote then pulled up Netflix. "Is there anything you want to watch?"

She just shrugged her shoulders. Alex sighed and scrolled to the children's section. Maya would never admit it but she loved to watch cartoons. He selected Moana and excitement grew in her. She hadn't been able to watch it yet and had been wanting to.

She was quickly fully immersed in the movie.

~

Alex knew she would like the movie. He knew about her secret obsession with cartoons. He chose the movie in hopes that it would help her relax and it seemed to be working. She hadn't been putting up a fuss at all and he was happy about that. Her people-pleasing nature had overpowered her fighting instincts.

That was something he worried over. She was such a nice person that she would do anything to please others, even at her own expense. He would need to use that to get her to trust him.

By the end of the movie, she was back to her happy, cheerful self. He gave her the remote and let her choose the next movie. She chose Trolls.

Halfway through Alex noticed goose bumps spread across her skin. He got up but Maya was so engrossed in the movie she didn't notice him getting up. He returned with a fuzzy blanket. Draping it across the two of them, he took the opportunity to move closer to his love.

They spent the rest of the day taking turns picking movies. Maya ended up falling asleep with her head on Alex's shoulder. Things were going great. 

A/N: Please drop a vote or comment if you like the story!