Chapter 15

Once Maya's tears came to a stop she found herself sitting on the ground, still in the arms of her captor. She was curled into a ball and his legs encircled her. On her ankle rested the same chain from a week ago.

The only thing she could see was the edge of a bed and the wall.

"Love, are you okay?" Alex asked. Maya just shook her head. "I'm sorry love, but I-"

"Don't call me that."

He sighed, "I know you're not happy with me right now but I did what I had to. All that matters to me is your safety. I'm sorry. I'm sorry it had to come to this. I want you to be free to do what you want but this is the only way you won't get hurt."

"Th-that's not true, I was fine before-"

"No, you weren't and you know that. I only want you to be safe and happy. All I did was put your safety above your happiness. I've tried to make you as happy as I can and if there is anything I can do to make you happier then I would be happy to do it as long as you're safe." He turned her in his arms and cupped her cheek so she was looking at him.

Maya looked down, shoving his hand away.

Alex sighed, "I guess I'll just start moving your stuff down here." He got up and set Maya down on the bed.

Once she heard the door close, she began to take in her surroundings. The bed she was sitting on was in the middle of the wall. Pressed against the wall on her right was a dresser, adjacent to it was an empty bookshelf. In front of the bed was a small living area. A small couch, chair, and table sitting around a white carpet. No windows

After a few minutes, Alex returned with a stack of books leaned against his chest and bags lining his arms. "At least not you won't have to live out of bags." He said smiling. He placed the books on the floor next to the shelf and the bags on the dresser. "And you won't have to wait for me to come home to go to the bathroom anymore, see there's a bathroom down here."

Alex opened a door Maya hadn't noticed, she couldn't see inside but saw a tile floor. "I can move a tv down here too if you want. Just tell me and I'll get you whatever you want." His eyes were pleading.

"C-could you just leave?" She didn't look up at him when she heard him sigh and retreat back upstairs.

Once she heard him close the door she went straight to the bathroom. In the shower was a tiny window. It was way too small for her to fit threw, not even her head would be able to fit in the tiny crack. 

Standing on the ledge, she tried to pry it open. Maybe she could yell and get someone's attention.

After a while she gave up and went back to the bed, feeling helpless.

~

Upstairs, Alex stood in the bathroom, looking at the orange bottle filled with little peach pills. Xanax.

He had been prescribed them three years ago, he was having trouble sleeping and the doctor prescribed him these. He only used them a few times before he figured out that the solution to his problem was making sure his love was safe at home every night.

They were also for helping with anxiety.

He walked to the kitchen, the pills in hand, and looked at the time. 12:23.

For lunch, Alex made pasta with a light, sweet sauce and cut strawberries and apples for the side. Before he when downstairs, he looked back at the pills. He sighed and set the plates back down.

He grabbed a knife and cut one pill in half. Next, he the mortar and ground the pill down to a fine powder. Lastly, he mixed the powder into Maya's bowl of pasta. "I'm sorry." He muttered

Alex walked downstairs and had lunch with his love. They sat on the couch as he tried to make conversation and she ignored him.

In the end, she never said a word to him and he went back upstairs disappointed. 

A/N: Please vote or comment if you like the story!