Chapter 2

Alex was waiting a few houses away from his loves'. When he saw her leave her house a smile grew on his face. The pink of her shirt matched perfectly with her cascading brown hair, her pale legs shining in the morning light. He had seen her wear this outfit many times, it was one of her favorites. Not revealing too much, while simultaneously making her look as beautiful as a goddess.

Staying close behind his love, she being too oblivious to even notice, he followed her to school.

•••

"Hey."

Maya looked up from her pencil to see Andrew, the football captain looking down at her. With a questioning look, she pointed to herself and asked,"Me?"

He laughed, gesturing to the almost empty classroom,"Um, yeah. Who else would I be talking to?"

Her cheeks turned pink and she started fidgeting with her pencil," Oh, right..." She couldn't believe it! Her crush was actually talking to her!

"So you're pretty good at biology, right?"

"Um, y-yeah" she was having a hard time forming words.

"Well, I was having a hard time in that class and was wondering if you could maybe tutor me."

All of Maya' s dreams came true at that moment. The guy she had been fantasizing over since last year, wanted her help.

"U-um yeah! Do you want to study after school...in the library?"

"Actually I was thinking since it's Friday, you could come over to my place."

Maya was shocked. 'His place! He wants me to come to his place!' she thought. "Of course," she replied, barely above a whisper.

"Cool, then we can walk there after school. We can pick up something to eat on the way there." He said smiling.

Maya nodded, not wanting to sound even more like an idiot than she already had. After that, the bell rang and Andrew took his seat.

~

What neither of them realized was that, just a few feet away, Alex was listening intently to their entire conversation. His blood boiled at the thought of Maya interacting with someone who doesn't really care about her. He had expected this sooner or later, but not this soon. It was still their first month of 11th grade.

He spent the rest of class observing the faraway look in her eyes. He loved that look. It meant that she was somewhere else, off in her own world.

After the bell sounded, students poured out of the class. Alex watched Maya make her way to the cafeteria and got a huge plate of food. Many resented her because she could eat anything and never gain a pound. Yet instead of sulking she took full advantage of it and always ate to the max, earning her a fine sense of taste.

Alex walked out the side door and sat in his usual spot, from it he had the perfect view of his love through the window. He noticed a slight chill in the air. The peaceful look in his love's eyes calming him down. That was until her friend Aida showed up. She just never shut up. The only reason he put up with being near her was because she was his love's only real friend. The rest are a bunch of untrustworthy liars.

~

Aida came running to the table and tackled Maya in a bear hug, "Hey, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing... just got invited to Andrew's house!" Her voice grew in excitement as she spoke.

"Smith!?" Aida questioned.

"Duh, I'm going over tomorrow to tutor him in biology!"

"I'm so happy for you, haven't you been dreaming of him since like last year?" A sly grin formed on her face. Maya's cheeks grew bright pink. She looked down and nodded.

Pulling back with a giant smile on her face she said,"I can't believe that you are going to ANDREW SMITH'S HOUSE!"

Giggling Maya replied,"Yes, I know. Now calm down!"

Aida started jumping up and down in her chair,"How can I remain calm when my friend is going on a date with the captain of the football team!"

"It's not really a date. We're just studying."

Aida shook her head dramatically,"No! Do I have to explain everything to you? This is a date, not a study session. That was just an excuse." Maya blushed as she thought about it like that.

The two girls continued to discuss rumors they heard, a new book Maya started, and Aida's weekend plans. The bell eventually rang and they went their separate ways.

The rest of the day drug on for what seemed like an eternity. When the bell finally rang, all the students fled the classroom as quick as humanly possible.

A/N: Please drop a vote if you like the story! It'd make my day!