Chapter 16

1 month later

Maya woke up in her room to Alex knocking on her door.

She sat up and leaned over to grab a sweatshirt off of her dresser to cover up her tank top. Her hand missed and she ended up knocking it to the floor. 'Why have I been so clumsy lately?' She thought to herself.

She grabbed the sweatshirt from the floor, threw it on and called, "Come in."

Alex came down and sat on the bed next to her. He held out his arms and Maya gladly got out from under the warm blankets to go to him. She sat in his lap and he wrapped his arms around her.

She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Soon she started to drift back to sleep but Alex shifted to sit her up while she whined.

For the past few weeks, Maya had been overly tired and slept most of the day. If she kept herself awake then she would get extremely lonely, even with Marie. The only time she was really awake was in the mornings while Alex was getting ready for school and in the evenings when he got home.

She's become dependent on him. He does everything for her. He wakes her up and makes her take a shower every morning. While she's in the shower he picks out her clothes for the day, which were really comfy since she just sleeps all day. He makes and serves her her food. He's the only person she has to talk to.

"No, you can't go back to sleep. You've been asleep all day again haven't you?" Maya pouted at his words.

"I'm just so tired all the time... What day is it?"

"It's Wednesday." Maya nodded, tears forming in her eyes. Alex's eyes widened, "What's wrong, love?"

"I'm so lonely here. Can you stay home tomorrow? I don't want to be all alone all day again." Her arms tightened around his waist.

"Yeah, of course. Anything for you my love." He'd been calling her that a lot lately. At first, she didn't like it but she'd grown accustomed to it. "And maybe I'll start coming home for lunch since I'm driving there now."

"Thank you!" Maya was so happy. She was only happy when Alex was home. He got up with her in his arms and carried her upstairs.

One thing that hadn't changed since she moved to the basement was their evening routine of food and Netflix. Although Alex let her help with the cooking more now, he still insisted on making their plates.

After dinner, they went to the front room and watched movies until Maya said she was tired.

Alex carried her back downstairs and tucked her into her bed. He leaned down and lightly kissed her forehead. Just before he was about to leave she grabbed the hem of his shirt.

"Please, don't go. I don't want to be alone." He smiled and went to the other side of her bed and laid on top of the blankets. Maya didn't like that. She tugged the blankets underneath him and mumbled, "No."

Alex chuckled and got underneath the blanket with her. They faced each other and just stared in the other's eyes.

Alex leaned first but they met in the middle, lips softly caressing lips. The kiss began slow as lots of small kisses but then grew heated quickly.

Alex ran his tongue along Maya's lower lip, asking for permission. Without hesitation, she opened her mouth and let his tongue invade her. A moan escaped her lips at the sensation.

Sooner than she liked, Alex broke away for air but began trailing kissed down her neck. She took the opportunity to run her fingers through his hair. It was so soft. By the time he made it to where her neck met her shoulder, Maya was a moaning mess.

Alex turned over so he was hovering over her. He then began to lift up her sweatshirt. Suddenly he stopped and looked back up at her, asking permission. Maya nodded frantically and held up her arms.

Once her sweatshirt was removed, Alex began leaving kisses all over her exposed collarbone. Maya let out a loud moan when he kissed a spot on his way back up to her neck. He stopped there and began to suck.

All Maya could do was hold onto his hair for support and moan.

Suddenly he grabbed her breast through her shirt and she whimpered. His grip loosened but he didn't let go. He began to lightly grip and release her breast over and over again.

Once he was done sucking, he kissed his way back up to her lips. They shared one last passionate kiss before Alex pulled away, gasping for air.

"Alex... Please don't leave me down here. Please don't leave me alone anymore." Maya wrapped her arms around his neck and held him close.

Alex chuckled. He wrapped his arm around her waist and rolled over so that she was laying on top of him. "Sleep now, my love."

With the feeling of Alex underneath her, Maya drifted off into a dream filled sleep. 

A/N: Happy new years! Please vote or comment if you like the story!