Chapter 17 x

*After party*

"Hey, Camz?" Lauren said, tapping Camila on her shoulder. Jake kept telling Lauren to have the courage to talk to Camila, but she refused to.

With full shocked, Camila turned around, to see Lauren standing there. She wanted to say something, but she couldn't find the words to.

"Can we talk privately?" Lauren asked. Camila bit her lips, and agreed. They both went to somewhere desert before talking.

At first, it was really quiet. They both didn't know what to say, and they both could almost feel the tension surrouding the both of them as question are being hold.

"Why?..." Lauren said, her voice dreaded. Camila bit her lips once again, and no matter how much Lauren hates Camila doing this to her, but she couldn't help but feel happy because she found Camila. All Camila did was keep quiet and bit her lips. Camila wanted to say all the things she wanted to, to express her feelings, but she can't. Not now.

Once again, Lauren asked Camila the same question. "Why?"

"I'm sorry, Laur. I love him." Camila said. That broke Lauren's heart. She wanted to scream, she wanted to shout. She wanted to get away, and before she knew it, she's running towards the door with tears streaming down her face, Camila shouting, desperate for her to stop. Lauren took a glance before exiting the room, with Camila mouthing, "stop."

-The next day-

For a couple of days, Camila kept knocking on the door of Jake's and Lauren's apartment. She wanted to talk to Lauren, but Lauren doesn't want to. She wants to think about her future, to put her mindset correctly; but she can't. All she could think in bed was the way Camila used to be the one who accompanies her in bed when she was scared to be alone; the way Camila kisses her cheeks and forehead to assure her that everything's gonna be okay; the way Camila says she loves Lauren and blushes hard because she means it, but no. She doesn't mean it now. Camila is married off with another guy. She said she's gonna be together forever with her, but they're distant now. All these years of finding Camila is a waste of an effort; all of these works she's been involving herself in, is to prepare her wedding with Camila with a wedding that's grand that the both of them wouldn't forget. Lauren hasn't worked for a couple of days, she needed a break. Lauren didn't even ate, though Jake kept insisting her to eat. It was pitiful for Jake to look at Lauren like that. It's really sad.

Jake once brought Camila inside their house to talk about things and plan a thing to make Lauren talk to Camila as she explains what really happened. Jake thinks that Lauren really has to hear it.

*Saturday Afternoon*

"Hey, Lauren!" Jake shouted excitedly and jumped on Lauren's bed.

"GOSH, JAKE! FUCKING IDIOT." Lauren jumped in surprise as she placed her laptop to the side of her bed.

"Sorry baby boo. I'm just wondering whether you wanna go out? I need you to accompany me though." Jake said slowly, hoping Lauren to agree.

"Is Camila joining us?" Lauren said. It's really weird because Lauren has always referred calling Camila as Camz.

"Well, Austin is joining us....." Jake said, and blushed. What is happening? Why is he blushing?

"Why the fuck are you blushing?" Lauren said, sternly.

"Hahahahahahahahahhahahahh. Are you joining us or nah? We need to get new clothes, girl." Jake said. Lauren agreed with him. With that, they both started getting ready.

Lauren wore a white Lana Del Rey crewneck and a pair of leggings and her Dr Marten's smooth black vintage boots meanwhile Jake wore a maroon buttoned up shirt with white shorts and his maroon Chuck Taylor's. Lauren drove their black SL-Class Roadster to the mall in Town.

When they've reached the mall, it wasn't that crowded as usual. It's so weird, but whatever. Jake insisted them to have a lunch in Subways' before going out to shop. While eating, they were greeted by Austin.... and Camila. Austin sat beside Jake, and there's no other sit, so Camila has to sit beside Lauren. So much tension, all of them were quiet at first but Jake could see the controlling anger in Lauren's face, so Jake started off by asking Austin and Camila whether they want to get anything. Austin asked Camila what she wanted, and after telling him, both Jake and Austin left to buy them food. Lauren made a mental note to murder Jake when they get back home, but Jake also knows that Lauren will be thanking him after the whole day had ended.

"So.. Hi." Camila said.

"Hi." Lauren replied sternly.

"Hey, i'm sorry." Camila said.

"It's fine, Camila. Really..." Lauren said, but she's unsure of herself too.

"So, um.. I miss you." Camila said, and rubbed her hands on Lauren's thigh. Lauren misses it. Lauren misses the affection they show towards each other. Lauren misses everything about them, about her. And she lost her, to some douche-bag who probably can't make her happy; who probably wouldn't fuck her good; who wouldn't make her scream when they fucked. Really, Lauren wants Camila back. Fuck, and she lost her.

"Actually, babe..." Camila said, turning Lauren around to face her; their eyes on each other's. Camila's brown eyes and black orbs, stared into Lauren's green eyes, and they stayed like that, for God knows for how long. Lauren's eyes showed sadness, and Camila understands why - and she felt guilty of it. Honestly, she never wanted to hurt Lauren - but she was forced to; and she doesn't want it to be like that.

"Babe, I really, really, really love you, and I have a reason for all of this." Camila said, and stared at Lauren, waiting for her reaction. "But, I married Austin because of our parents, because of business. Remember when my dad was arrested? They sent him to the prison. When me and Sofi left your house, we became homeless, for a couple of weeks before a couple, Austin's god-parents, somehow adopted us. We didn't know how to pay them back, so they suggested that I should be married off with their god-son, Austin. At first, I hesitated but after a couple of thinking, I thought maybe that could pay them back after all the care and concern and love that they showed us. So, I did. I tried finding you, Lo, but I couldn't. You changed your number, and I moved to another country. I miss you, so fucking much. You don't know how much I think about you all the time, and I always pray for you to come back, and I think my prayers have been answered. I love you Lo, I really love you." Camila said, with tears rushing down her face. Lauren cupped her face, and hugged her. Honestly, Lauren trusted Camila. Lauren whatever she said. Lauren trusted Lauren not to lie to Camila, because she loves her.

After a while of talking and laughing, both Jake and Austin came back laughing. They both stared at each other before looking at them, and their laughters died down.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked, with full concern.

"Where have you both been?" Camila said.

"Er, nowhere?" Austin replied.

"Fine, let's go & shop." Lauren said. They then stood up and left Subways'.

Camila and Lauren walked side by side while Austin and Jake walked behind. Honestly, that was the best day that she ever had, after so long.

Soon enough, the day has ended, it was time to leave. Lauren and Camila were in the same car together, while Austin and Jake are together.

On their way to Camila's house, they blasted songs from their past, their band songs. It was a total heartbreak, but it was worth it. Worth it for the girl she loves.

When they've reached Camila's house, Lauren dropped Camila on her doorstep.

"So, this is the end?" Lauren said.

"Well, not yet. See you soon. Love you." Camila said, and gave Lauren a peck on the lips. Camila opened the door to her house and left Lauren a glance before closing the door; smiling. Lauren walked back to her car and got in before driving back home with a blush on her face. Is Camila hers again?