Prologue

"Tell me brother, is the world really worth your compassion?" I heard the man say sadly.

"Is the world deserving of your sacrifice?" I heard him cry out in grief.

"Brother please don't do this....." he said as tears ran down his face.

I can hear his cries, I can sense his grief, yet I am trapped in this darkness and I can't see anything. I don't know where I am but I can hear someone, someone in pain crying out to his brother. *beep* *beep* *beep* huh what was that? *beep* *beep* *beep* there it goes again. *beep* *beep* *beep* I open my eyes and see the alarm on my phone going off. I grab my phone off the small desk beside my bed and turned off the alarm. I felt exhausted as I try and gather myself. "what was that dream?" I ask myself as I rose up from my bed letting out a yawn.

I looked at the time on my phone and it read 7:28am in a big white font "huh its late already!?" I panicked and I bolted to the bathroom out of pure instinct and started brushing my teeth thinking "I'm already late for my first class!" then my stomach started to rumble and I realized I hadn't eaten yet so I dashed out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I grabbed the bread off the kitchen shelf and shoved it in the toaster. I opened the fridge to get some water and I felt colder than usual when I opened the door. I realized I wasn't wearing pants yet so I ran towards my closet to get my jeans and as I was in the middle of putting them on the toaster rang and I looked over to the kitchen and I saw that I left the fridge door open. I panicked at the sight and I tried to run towards the kitchen but I wasn't done putting on my pants. It was too late when I realized this cause I tripped and my face fell flat on the floor.

I slowly got up and my phone rang on the ground beside my bed. I didn't know that I dropped it the I got up. I reached for it and grabbed it, I answered the phone and I was greeted by loud nationalistic music followed by a happy birthday to the king announcement. "huh, wait a minute. its the king's birthday.....that means its a national holiday...." I let this process in my mind for a little before realizing that I have no school today.....

"So I went through all that trouble for nothing" I sighed with my head down and slowly got up. I closed the fridge door and ate my toast still feeling down. I fixed up around my apartment and I started to think "what should I do today?"

"Well might as well go to the coffee shop"