Chapter Four: Hints to the Truth

The soldiers were wearing military grade vests and cargo pants with a mask attached to their helmets, the woman however did not have the same outfit.

        She wore a black leather jacket with the symbol of the royal guard on it's right shoulder which was halfway buttoned, revealing a yellow tank top underneath.

       Her jacket was paired with the black pants she wore along with the dark brown boots and her hair was long with a fiery red hue that matched her eyes.

    "Been a while since I've seen you two around" she said with a grin on her face.

        My eyes turned to Zac as he looked worried and on guard, trying to anticipate the enemy's plan.

      "Aw, c'mon Stormy, don't give me that look. I know you've missed me" she said flirtingly to him.

       "Do they know each other?" My mind asked. Zac looked at me and mouthed the words "stays back" before smiling at me and stepping forward to face the woman.

       "Heya Alyssa, It's been a while" he said in a cautious yet kind tone.

     "The king's been looking for Stormy, you and the girl. It hasn't been the same ever since you left it hasn't been the same" Alyssa, replied.

      "So I take it you're here to capture us?" Zac asked Alyssa with an even stricter tone than before.

      "Yuparoo Stormy poo" Alyssa replied in a somewhat childish manner.

       "And you know what happens to traitors right" she added with a grin.

       "Well you know I can't let you take us to him"  Zac stated with an enclosed fist as he slowly made a fighting stance.

      "There's that fire, and they say I'm hot headed"  Alyssa replied taking a stance as well.

      "None of you may interfere, just make sure they don't escape. Ok boys" She ordered the soldiers with a slight wink at the end of her command.

       The there was tension in the atmosphere as the two were in their stance ready to fight. No one in the alleyway made a sound, I watched and wondered who would make the first move.

       Will it be the kind and composed Zac to strike first or the flirty and unpredictable Alyssa to make the first move. The tension broke when Alyssa dashed forward with an enclosed fist about to punch Zac as he stood there.

        Zac didn't move and as she got close enough to punch him he parried it with his left arm and sweep kicked Alyssa's shin forcing her to stumble back but she was able to catch herself and take the same stance.

      "Damn Stormy, still got those skills huh? You would always beat me in every sparing session" Alyssa said with a grin "let's try something else" She added.

        The temperature started rising in the alley, from a chilling breeze slowly turning into a warm  aura.

       "DiVa, Run!"

       Zac shouted at me with a worried look before turning around to face Alyssa.

       Out of instinct I tried to run away but my feet wouldn't move, fear of whats to come made me stood there as the temperature got warmer and warmer.

      Looking at Alyssa I saw a bright ball of light from her hands emanating with a warm glow to it.

      "A fireball? But how?" I said with my words trembling.

      "Damn sweetie, Lucian got you good didn't he? Can't even remember what The Flow is-." Alyssa replied.

       "DiVa, just go!" Zac interrupted her before she could continue. 

       "Why do you keep calling me that!?"

        "You poor girl" Alyssa said with a smirk "Maybe this will help you remember!"

      She threw the fireball from her hand towards me. My legs wouldn't move, my mouth wouldn't shout for help, I only stood there watching the fiery ball come closer and closer as I was pinned in place by fear.

      In a moment I saw my life flash before my eyes but what I saw was only my college life in the apartment, the times I visited the coffee shop,

       And a silhouette of a man.

      Gunshots and shouting could be heard from the distance along with a faint voice of a man

     "DiVa? DiVa!"

      Something snapped me back and I saw Zac and I out of the alleyway and on a different street.

     "Where are we? What happened?" I asked looking at Zac with a expression of confusion and worry on my face.

      Seeing Zac up close, I noticed faint arcs of electricity around him dispersing in the air with the end of his red scarf slightly burnt.

      "You're okay now, I was able to get us out of there" he said with his worried expression clearing up.

      "But how did we get away? And how was she able to make fire from her hand? Why was she after us?" I started panicking while asking these questions to Zac who seems to be hiding something from me.

      "Hey listen, just relax and come with me. I'll explain everything if we get to where we need to go." He said with a calm tone and a comforting smile to me.

      Taking a deep breath, I relaxed a bit before responding to Zac "Okay but where are we going?"

     "Somewhere safe, don't worry"